Job Opportunities at Haco Industries Kenya Limited,
Job Opportunities at Haco Industries Kenya Limited
HACO Industries was established in the early 1970’s as single-product manufacturer. From those modest beginnings, HACO is now one of the region’s leading FMCG manufacturers, supplying a wide range of products to the entire East African and COMESA Markets
The Communications Officer will do the following:
- Assist in executing the organization’s overall communications strategy.
- Drafting communications collateral as required e.g., press kits, event programmes, reports, speeches, copy writing etc.
- Assist in collation of necessary materials and information needed to develop media articles and responses from different departments.
- Social Media Management and updating of HACO’s corporate handles
- Actively support in development/content/management of new communication channels (such as podcasts and twitter spaces)
- Identify opportunities and platforms to profile HACO’s work Nationally and Regionally
- Assist creation of a solid visual data (videos and photos) bank for our business
- Support in Daily Media Monitoring of HACO’s visibility in the news and/or stories of interest to HACO’s sustainability agenda
- Support Sustainability Colleagues in proposing valuable partnerships and collaborations for HACO
- Work with internal teams to execute internal awareness programmes and campaigns
- Assist in updating the Website with relevant information on the organization’s progress
- Understands the best practices of main social media channels including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc
- Must possess exceptional writing skills and be able to compose engaging and accurate content
- Strong communicator who works well independently and with a team
- Understanding of communications, public relations and marketing best practices
- Ability to think strategically and identify ways to improve communication efforts
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organisational ability
Education and Experience
- 3+ years prior experience in a communications role and proven working experience with social media
- BA in Communications, Marketing, or Public Relations
- Knowledge of Adobe PhotoShop, InDesign, and Illustrator
The Sustainability Officer will do the following:
- Support in implementing organization’s Sustainability Strategy through identified programmes.
- Regularly collect data on greenhouse gas emissions, water, and waste from manufacturing teams for monitoring and documenting.
- Conducting research to inform the development of sustainability programmes (benchmarking with local and international examples) and identify new partnerships.
- Monitoring local and global changes to environmental legislation and regulation and flagging them for action by the organization
- Assist in coordinating monthly green team meetings, preparing presentations, documenting outcomes and tracking actions.
- Assist in putting together Sustainability report (HACO Sustainability Scorecard) for dissemination.
- Coordinate with HR, Communications, and other colleagues to develop internal campaigns and awareness programmes to support the rollout of the sustainability strategy in the organization.
- Communicating with internal stakeholders to gather feedback on existing programs, encouraging participation in new initiatives, and monitoring program performance and outcomes
- Assist relevant departments in developing plans to reduce the organization’s carbon footprint through recycling programs, use of alternative energy sources
- Assist in developing and implementing educational programs about environmental issues, such as climate change or biodiversity loss
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superlative and creative problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Thorough and current knowledge of sustainability practices, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Ability to analyze and understand research and to identify relevant and valuable information.
- Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to create, interpret, and execute a budget.
- Presentation skills required to deliver proposals to varying groups of individuals.
Education and Experience:
- 2-5 years of corporate, business and management experience required.
- Possess an environmental degree in a relevant environmental subject i.e., Sustainability / Environmental Management
- Demonstrate an awareness of environmental management systems and environmental tools.
- Experience of collecting data, maintaining and analysing data for inclusion in papers, reports and projects or presentations.
To apply, please send your detailed CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate your current salary details, 3 referees and daytime telephone contacts to be received by 12th April 2023
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.