Job Opportunities at FreshLife – Sanergy
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements. Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of franchised micro-entrepreneurs, who operate low-cost,
- Salary RangeKSh 150,000 – KSh 200,000/month
About the Role
Fresh Life is looking for an exceptional individual to join our Business Development team. The Grants Specialist For New Cities will be responsible for driving the fundraising strategy to secure and manage significant income from a diverse range of funders to support Fresh Life’s expansion into new cities in Kenya and across Africa. They will lead collaborative research, engagement strategy and proposal development for funders to increase the scale and impact of the organization. A confident networker, they will represent the organization at meetings, forums and events in order to initiate and strengthen strategic relationships. They will support the organization in the research and development of strategies for Public-Private Partnership (PPP) with government entities. They will contribute to the organizational business development knowledge with best practices, procedures, and tools for the diversification of financing structures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieve Fresh Life’s ambitious fundraising targets for new cities through building and maintaining partnerships with key external stakeholders, including philanthropic and institutional funders.
- Collaborate closely with the fundraising teams of public utilities to achieve joint fundraising and visibility goals.
- Lead all aspects of donor relationships, including conducting prospect research, preparing proposals, managing internal execution of grants, and reporting, working closely with the Operational and Finance teams.
- Craft strong, tailored messages that resonate with existing and new partners and funders.
- Build and manage strong, trust-based relationships with key stakeholders at multilaterals, governments, and in the WASH industry.
- Represent Fresh Life externally with funders, government, and other key stakeholders.
- Improve efficiency and effectiveness of business development processes, including proposal development, partnership management, financial reporting, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related field of study
- 5+ years of work experience in fundraising or business development in a global development context.
- Confident external communication and excellent writing skills.
- Highly organized team player, with proactive and flexible work style.
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience in international development or the social sector more broadly. Knowledge of the sanitation sector is a plus.
- Strong existing funder networks preferred. Ideal candidate would be able to leverage past relationships to develop a strong pipeline of new partnerships.
- Impeccable integrity and ethics.
Customer Support & Credit Associate
- Salary RangeKSh 30,000 – KSh 50,000/month
About the Role
This job entails managing the assigned customer portfolio: Ensuring as an organization, we provide the best service to FLOs (FLT repairs, timely collections, and tackling any issues they raise within specified timelines) and documenting/keeping important customer information and documents. It also ensures customers maintain sanitation and hygiene standards and pay their monthly service fee.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Customers Onboarding
- Onboard quality customers through executing customer vetting.
- Clearly set customer expectations, their role and the organization’s role before they are fully onboarded.
- Conduct customer training on our mission and vision, how to maintain sanitation and hygiene standards, the process of issues escalation and making payments.
- Manage credit/Debt collection
- Visit,call or use any other acceptable strategy to ensure the assigned customer portfolio pays their invoices.
- Strategically engage,plan with customers with arrears on how the arrears will be paid and document the customer payment plans.
- Conduct checks and scrutiny on the customer balances to ensure they are correct and in case there are issues to escalate the same to supervisors and follow through to ensure they are corrected.
- Engage customers in the most effective way through deploying CLEAR conversations with FLOs.
- Always ensure your toilet portfolio’s operational status in the field matches what is in the system at all times to ensure invoices are correctly generated and provide a true picture of retention numbers.
- Employ simple problem-solving techniques to tackle payment-related issues.
- Management of issues/Cases
- Manage escalation of customer complaints and issues by ensuring all are escalated within the right time frame.
- Collaborate with relevant team members and departments to ensure customer issues and complaints are resolved in a timely manner.
- Conduct problem-solving techniques i.e 5 whys to establish preventive measures to issues occurring within your customer portfolio.
- Issues that commonly happen are maintenance/Repair issues, late/missed collections, payment issues and other issues raised by customers.
- Customer Data/Documentation.
- Manage customer information by ensuring customer details are correctly captured in the system and any errors are corrected timely.
- Verify customer documentation after launch to ensure franchise agreements Land approvals document, government approval forms and any other documents are available and information is well captured and signed correctly.
- Ensure the operational status of the FLTs in the field reflects the odoo status all times.
- Document all customer issues.
- Train, coach customers on how to maintain quality sanitation and hygiene standards and monitor progress to ensure they are adhered to.
- Conduct refresher training to all customers and users on sanitation and hygiene.
- Execute corrective measures on cases related to poor sanitation and hygiene standards and ensure they improve.
- After the QuaC (hygiene and standards survey) ensure all customers get feedback and those below standards are trained and cautioned in order to improve.
- Engage customers with closed FLTs to handle issues at hand in order to reopen the FLTs.
- Prevent closures by working to tackle issues that might lead to closures
- Ensure the operational status in the field reflects the same in the CRM (Odoo) and any disparities are corrected immediately
- Diploma or Degree in business management/ credit/debt management
- Previous experience in debt collection, credit control, field-based sales (FMCG) is preferred
- Good communication skills, customer handling/management skills, problem-solving skills, customer service
- Customer-centric – employs diplomacy and firmness to get win-win partnerships with customers.
- Ability to collect customer data and generate reports
- Computer literate with basic, MS Excel skills
- Confident, assertive and persuasive – ability to handle difficult customers
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.