Job Opportunities at Boma International Hospitality College
Job Opportunities at Boma International Hospitality College
Our aim at Boma International Hospitality College (BIHC), in partnership with the Business and Hotel Management School (BHMS) in Switzerland is to nurture your interest in the hospitality industry and empower your ambitions. We have developed a state of the art study programme designed to facilitate access to demanding, while rewarding careers.
Content and Design Assistant
YOUR POSITION WITH BIHC
- To develop the visual components, both graphics or short video content, for our websites, social media platforms, or other web services as well as print in line with our marketing and communication strategies.
HOW YOU WILL FIT INTO OUR MISSION
- Study design briefs and conceptualize visuals based on requirements
- Develop concepts, graphics and layouts, including making decisions about fonts, images, readability and readers’ needs and
- Present ideas and collect feedback based during the development stages
- Develop video content including but not limited to reels, shorts and tiktoks
- Use the appropriate colors and layouts in line with our brand guidelines while contributing to shaping our brand elements
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand
- Keeping up to date with design and software trends
- Any other duties as may be assigned by management
THE SKILLS AND COMPETENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A basic understanding of the Education, Hospitality and Culinary/ Food Service industries
- Proven graphic design and/or creative experience with a strong portfolio of illustrations or related content and graphics
- Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, PremierPro and Final Cut etc)
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to work methodically and meet defined deadlines
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, remain open to new ideas and experiment with improved systems and proven methods
- Ability and willingness to make consultative decisions, exhibit sound and accurate judgment, support and explain the reasoning for decisions, include appropriate people in the decision-making process, and make timely decisions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Academic Qualification in Design, Marketing or Communication. A bachelor’s degree in Business/Marketing, Communications/Public relations or equivalent would be an added advantage
- Training in Design, Graphics, Content Development and video editing will be an added advantage
not later than 31st May 2023
YOUR POSITION WITH BIHC: Research Assistant
- HOW YOU WILL FIT INTO OUR MISSION: We pride in being a small community that ensures that every participant is known at an individual level in order to understand their specific needs and constantly assess that these needs are met. We believe in high standards of professionalism which come with discipline and upholding ethical standards. This is evidenced by the emphasis put on instituting a professional dress code among staff and learners, an aspect that is embraced by the management of the college. We have an open culture that encourages communication within the different hierarchical levels.
WHAT YOU WILL DO (Your responsibilities will include):
- As the research Assistant, you will support research and scholarly activities within the department, contribute to the delivery of the College’s strategy including promoting excellence in the institution’s contribution to the Institution’s Research & Knowledge Exchange, Learning & Teaching and Internationalization strategies.
Your responsibilities and accountability will include:
- Provide support to the research team for BILT Africa Expert Group project: “On The Dual Green And Digital Transition In The Hospitality And Tourism Sector;”
- Undertake research with support from the research team; preparing, setting up, conducting and recording the outcomes of fieldwork, transcribing primary source material/documents, development of questionnaires and conducting surveys.
- Assist with literature and database searches, qualitative/quantitative analysis, and the dissemination of research findings
- Assist with the writing of research reports/papers as directed by the Head of Research.
- Participating in theoretical and/or empirical research and Publishing results in the appropriate media.
- Assist in application for research grants and funding
- Preparation and Presentation of research findings at conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Support Teaching and Examination of diploma students
- Support B2B proposal preparation and submission
- Active involvement in academic and professional development.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by management from time to time.
THE SKILLS AND COMPETENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bsc Holder in Hospitality & Tourism Management or related areas/equivalent with at least 2 years’ research experience in a recognized institution of higher learning.
- Demonstrate continuing professional development
- A deep understanding of, commitment to and involvement in hospitality Industry
- Academic and/or work experience related to the field of research, as defined by the supervisor/lead researcher.
- Experience with specialized software or datasets, as required by the supervisor
- Satisfactory academic progress, as defined by the supervisor
- Experienced in encouraging and supporting entrepreneurial activity.
Desirable Skills and Attributes:
- An understanding and empathy with the research environment of an institution and the significance of research for the institution
- Workloads, to work accurately under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to work independently and exercise initiatives
- Proven analytical and problem solving capability
- Excellent IT skills including use of databases, with excellent proficiency in use of MS Office (particularly Excel).
- Willingness to learn and apply new systems and processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills able to communicate effectively with staff at all levels and with external contacts, and with the ability to write reports and to actively support on the writing of research bids/grants
- Firm commitment to achieving the institution’s vision and values, with a passion for a transformative student experience and multidisciplinary, impactful research
not later than Thursday, 25th May 2023