Job Openings at Wasoko,
Job Openings at Wasoko
Wasoko is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services that were previously unavailable. Wasoko aims to provide everything a retailer needs
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
Principle Engineer – Site Reliability
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant systems. SRE ensures that Wasoko’s services—both our internally critical and our externally-visible systems— are reliable, available (uptime) and secure. Additionally, SREs will keep an ever-watchful eye on our system’s capacity and performance. They set up standards for monitoring and alerting that is followed by service owners across the company. They focus on tooling and automation to make it easy for service owners to adopt SRE best practices.
You are an early engineer in our new platform team – a high-impact opportunity. You have the opportunity to set standards, establish best practices, and mentor service engineers. You will also have the opportunity to grow and present Wasoko and its engineering excellence as one of the first movers in Africa. You will get to work with some of the strongest talents across the globe with a wealth of experience and talent.
What you will do:
- Architect and build infrastructure to support the platform using a variety of GCP tools and technologies
- Be responsible for network, security and systems monitoring, alert standards and drive adoption across engineering and data teams
- Set up a 24×7 tier-1 support process to respond quickly to issue
- Develop tooling for the entire engineering team to improve productivity
- Build, interact, coordinate, and negotiate with our tool’s vendors
What you need to excel in this role:
Data-driven approach and ability to quickly and effectively resolve problems
- Fluent coding ability with application programming as well as scripting languages (any of ruby, python, json, yaml, rest, node js, java, goland, psql)
- Strong and hands-on knowledge of GCP services, tools and best practices
- Understanding of web application architecture and security best practices (e.g. OWASP Top 10)
- Experience with server provisioning/configuration management tools, CI/CD experience, and managing the deployment flow from code commit to production release
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to organize and give honest feedback
- Team players and potential leaders collaborate to drive efficient engagement with our external partners
Senior Software Engineer – Mobile
We are looking for an experienced Android Developer to join our team and develop innovative mobile applications. The ideal candidate should have a strong technical background and be experienced in developing and deploying Android applications.
- Design and develop web applications and mobile applications that meet user requirements and adhere to design standards.
- Create and maintain databases for web applications and mobile applications.
- Develop, test, and deploy web applications and mobile applications.
- Troubleshoot and debug web applications and mobile applications.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of applications.
- Ensure the security and performance of web applications.
- Monitor and track web application and mobile application usage.
- Should have a minimum of 5-6 years of experience in Android application development.
- Must have published at least 2 apps to PlayStore using internal testing, Alpha, Beta and production tracks.
- Should be good in UI and layout design, Fragments and their lifecycle, Modern Android Development skills, Activities and their lifecycle, and App lifecycle.
- Should have good experience in the Android Jetpack library and the usage of its components like WorkManager, View Model, View model providers, UI and data binding, Life cycle Managers, Live data, and observables.
- Knowledge of Architectural design patterns.
- Experience in using Room database, shared preferences, FileStorage and other Android data storage mechanisms.
- Should have good experience in developing apps for different screen densities and screen resolutions.
- Should be good in App build systems at least in Gradle.
- Should have good experience in 3rd party libraries and SDK integration
- Should have good experience in Firebase and its services like Firebase Cloud Messaging, Firebase Analytics, Google Analytics, Remote Config and others.
- Should have good experience in App monitoring services like Firebase Crashlytics, Firebase Performance, and A/B switching.
- Should have good experience in CI/CD tools like Jenkins, and Bitbucket pipelines.
- Should be good in source code management tools at least in Git, Bitbucket, and GitLab.
- Should be a good team player, good in communication and collaboration and in interpersonal skills.
- Should be good at taking ownership of the assigned tasks and their on-time delivery.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.