Actuarial Science jobs, Accounting jobs, Insurance jobs, Underwriting jobs,
Key responsibilities for the position are as hereunder
- Update of the general ledgers;
- Preparation of the Fund accounts and commentary;
- Bank reconciliations;
- Preparing statutory returns: VAT, Withholding taxes etc;
- Payables: recording and settlement;
- Receivables: Income accounting, billing and collection.
Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical advisor. Massive 2023 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
Qualified candidates are expected to possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business field and completed Part III of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (CPAK) Examination or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Be registered with Institute of Public Accountants (ICPAK) Kenya;
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process;
- Excellent accounting software user skills;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills;
- Intermediate understanding of accounting and reporting standards;
- Have knowledge of regulatory frameworks and requirements;
- Unquestionable ethics and impeccable integrity;
- Well-organized and able to multitask and meet deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; and
- Excellent oral and written communication
ASSISTANT UNDERWRITER – GIB
Duties and Responsibilities
- Processing of underwriting transactions such as new businesses, renewals and endorsements.
- Processing and issuance of motor certificates, valuation letters and yellow cards.
- Underwriting and processing work allocated from immediate supervisor and ensuring all debits are put through in the correct month to facilitate premium collection.
- Assisting clients in identifying our products that suits their needs in line with insurance principles.
- Prepare and issue cancellation notices in case of non-payment of premium for specified covers.
- Preparation and issuance of Renewal notices sixty dates before renewal date.
- Assist in claims handling.
- Assist in preparation and issuing quotations.
- Attending to all telephone enquiries by our clients and brokers and giving clarifications and guidance where necessary.
- Liaising with other departments on matters related to work at my disposal and any other enquiries that point towards a better working environment.
- Liaising with intermediaries’ brokers and agents to solve any problems they may have and ensure efficient service delivery.
- Assist in preparing loss ratios and risk reviews.
- Any other duties that may be allocated from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Science or related courses
- Up to (2) years’ relevant experience
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent customer care skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Computer literate in MS Office and other office applications
- Technical competence in insurance
- Basic knowledge of regulations by AKI and IRA
Candidates with the required qualifications, experience and competencies who wish to apply for the above position are required to forward their applications together with their CVs, copies of relevant certificates and details of current remuneration to email@example.com