Job Openings at Catholic Relief,
Job Openings at Catholic Relief
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality and works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs
The Administration Officer will coordinate the V of responsive, effective, and efficient administrative and procurement services from the Nairobi office and support the Nawiri office staff and visitors through a variety of administrative tasks. The position will be responsible to ensure stewardship, integrity, transparency, and accountability for all project procurement and purchasing activities and that high-quality service approach is integrated into administrative systems, policies, and procedures.
- Coordinate and report on activities and required resources to ensure cost efficient and quality service delivery from administrative support functions, including procurement.
- Help ensure administrative and procurement systems, processes, and policies are in line with agency standards and donor and local law regulations.
- In collaboration with the Deputy Chief of Party – Operations, develop a procurement plan for the Nairobi office, coordinate the procurement within the sub offices or outside the county if necessary, ensuring the best value for money and adherence to CRS and donor regulations.
- Ensure the office is furnished and equipped to meet staff and operations
- Maintain correspondence and contact with CRS procurement team and timely follow up on the execution of contractual terms and conditions, and handle issues if needed.
- Monitor and report on supplier performance, noting current and/or potential issues and/or inefficiencies and assist with contract/purchase order modifications.
- Ensure a complete, accurate and up-to-date document trail of all procurement processes, vendor files, procurement and inventory database to assist with control and accountability. Prepare reports and facilitate document retrieval.
- Help ensure required authorizations and documents are up to date.
- Coordinate the efficient use of CP assets and rented facilities. Help ensure fully compliant procurement of office materials and asset management systems.
- Support Nawiri team in completion of quarterly travel plans, ensuring synergies from team leads while planning for project movement within the counties.
- Adhere to CRS’ principles of confidentiality in relations to staff, partners, vendors and other stakeholders. Report to the management potential irregularities or any misbehavior that occurs
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Good planning, organizational and time management skills
- Strong customer service orientation with very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ethical conduct and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
- Demonstrated commitment to respect, equity, diversity and inclusion including gender equality.
Required/Desired Foreign Language
- Able to clearly communicate in written and spoken English.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in Kiswahili.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or relevant field required.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in administrative support functions. Experience with a local or international NGO a plus.
- Experience and proficient skills in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems.
Intern – Risk and Compliance
The Intern – Risk and Compliance will support the Risk and Compliance Manager in implementing and maintaining the agency’s risk management and compliance programs. The intern will also work with other departments to ensure that CRS Kenya’s operations are in compliance with internal policies and external regulations.
- Assist in the development and implementation of risk management strategies and plans.
- Support the Risk and Compliance Officer in conducting risk assessments and identifying potential risks to the agency.
- Assist in developing and implementing compliance policies and procedures.
- Work with other departments to ensure that CRS Kenya is in compliance with internal policies and external regulations.
- Support the Risk and Compliance Manager in monitoring and reporting on compliance issues.
- Assist in developing and delivering training programs on risk management and compliance for staff.
- Support the Risk and Compliance Manager in maintaining risk and compliance documentation.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Risk and Compliance Officer.
- Strong relationship management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
- Strong interpersonal, communications, writing and presentation skills.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented, and results-oriented.
- Team player who can work independently while also being highly collaborative and open. Capable of building relationships and influencing the opinions of others.
- Willingness to stay long days in remote field locations
- Graduates with demonstrated good character, creativity, honesty and integrity, positive attitude, ability to learn, and with a recent full medical check-up.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Law, or related field.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with risk management and compliance principles and practices is preferred.
- Demonstrated Commitment to respect, equity, diversity, and inclusion including gender equality.
- The internship is open to Kenyan nationals.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.