Job Openings at Absa Bank Limited
Job Openings at Absa Bank Limited
Absa Bank Limited (Absa) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Barclays Africa Group Limited. Absa offers personal and business banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking, wealth and investment management as well as bancassurance.
Premier Relationship Manager
To provide specialist advice and support in sales, enabling the provision of sound claims assessment expertise.
- Constantly seek to improve ways of working by challenging the status quo and supporting an empowering climate within the team, sharing knowledge, experience, best practice and providing constructive feedback as required
- Compliance and Risk Management: Fulfil all activities in adherence to relevant control and compliance requirements, and quality standard
- Customer Experience:To provide service excellence and achieve customer satisfaction
Higher Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Senior Communication Manager
This role is responsible for the development and implementation of both internal and external communication strategies for the Bank and its subsidiaries. Their duties include developing the Bank’s messaging framework, managing the Bank’s relations with the media, developing editorial material for internal and external use, as well as providing executive communications support for the Bank’s leadership. The role holder will work with an internal team and at the same lead the Bank’s engagement with its strategic communications partners to deliver on the overall reputation objectives for the organization. The successful candidate will also lead in the creation and deployment of high-quality internal communication and colleague campaigns to build pride and advocacy amongst Absa colleagues.
- Develop and roll out effective integrated communications strategies for the Bank and its subsidiaries to build brand relevance, connection and consideration by positively influencing audiences
- Lead the Bank’s stakeholder engagement efforts including mapping relevant stakeholder groups and devising engagement methods
- Advise the business on appropriate messaging based on understanding of internal and external audiences, operating environment, business strategies etc.
- Build ongoing relationships and partnerships with journalists and other media practitioners as well as media houses
- Create informative and interesting press releases, press kits, newsletters, and related marketing materials.
- Understand the communication needs of the business partners and advise appropriately
- Build ongoing relationships and partnerships with business teams to position Communications as a key contributor to overall business growth
- Use internal communication channels (e.g., townhalls, Workplace, WhatsApp, newsletters etc.) to profile key business developments aligned to the organisation’s strategy
- Review and measure the impact of the colleague-first approach for all campaigns and business communication and its overall impact on colleague engagement and satisfaction
- Review all customer communication collateral to ensure clarity, simplicity and brand alignment
- Coordinate and deliver Internal and External Communication and reports to inform decision making.
- Participate at relevant internal and external forums as part of the Marketing and Corporate Relations department
- Adhere to all compliance and reporting requirements
- Strategic thinking
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to establish and maintain authentic relationships with stakeholders across different functions
- Planning and organising
- Rich networks in the media
- Creativity and innovation in creating and choosing communication channels
- Strong messaging skills
- Project management skills
- Resilience and flexibility
- Quality/excellence mindset
- Interpersonal sensitivity
- Customer Service Orientation
- Results Orientation
- Ability to co-create as a team player
- Discipline in execution
- Writing and reporting
- Adapting and responding to change
- University Degree or diploma in Communications
- Professional certification and/or a master’s degree in related field is added advantage
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in Communications with at least 3 of those in a managerial role
- Experience in journalism is an added advantage
- Active member of professional network such as PRSK
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.