Job Openings at Absa Bank Limited
Job Openings at Absa Bank Limited
Absa Bank Limited (Absa) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Barclays Africa Group Limited. Absa offers personal and business banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking, wealth and investment management as well as bancassurance.
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
Relationship Manager – Commercial Banking
- To manage and sustain a portfolio of corporate customers, building long term relationships founded on efficient and reliable support for their business. This is achieved particularly through quick risk decisions and managing consistency and quality of operational service.
- The primary objective is to maximize risk-adjusted portfolio contribution.
- The jobholder will be responsible for business development both with new customers and with existing customers where they are expected to increase “wallet share”.
Main accountabilities and approximate time split:
Sales and Service: Time split 65%
- Maintain Relationship Plans for all customers in the portfolio such that contact with customers is prioritized.
- Conduct annual and if appropriate, interim reviews of customers borrowing facilities
- Conduct annual and if appropriate, interim reviews with non-borrowing customers
- Determine the key messages, e.g. agreed service standards, negotiated pricing, relationship team contact points, and new product changes, deciding upon the most appropriate communication method
- Deal with and find solutions to customer complaints
- Determine the products that are most effective in meeting customers’ needs and be able to sell these at short notice both reactively and proactively.
- Research, create, and follow up a target list for potential new business
Business Management: Time Split 30%
- Research, create, and follow up on a target list for potential new business
- Identify priority customers using the Customer Relationship Planning templates to assess their present and potential contributions.
- Gather all the required information that is needed to prepare and assess credit applications. The role holder will be expected to input certain key information such as judgmental information. (They will work with CMA and CCM resources to construct credit applications).
- Control and quality of the portfolio, using available triggers and adherence to Risk management guidelines and policies.
- Staff Management: Time Split 5%
- Day-to-day coaching and development of Corporate Managers’ Assistants
Technical skills / Competencies
- Meeting customers’ needs
- Business awareness
- Business development
- Managing Relationships
- Analysis and judgment
- Team working
- Ability to work under pressure
- Personal Organization
- Decision making
- Team results
- Active listening
Skills required to undertake the role:
- Relationship skills
- Credit Risk skills
- General Corporate skills
- Communications skills
- Negotiation skills
Job Openings at Absa Bank Limited
Knowledge of the bank’s products, services, and policies required to undertake the role:
- A detailed knowledge of the corporate set of products as well as a broad understanding of products available in Barclays Capital.
- For Complex products, will have a detailed knowledge of the requirements of the more sophisticated customers.
- Introduce the product and coordinate the introduction of the relevant Group product specialist.
- A broad understanding of policies and strategies within the country as they relate to the demands of the customer base.
- A detailed understanding of Country and CBRM guidelines and credit risk policies.
- Other requirements specific to the role:
Job holders will be ACIB or equivalent.
Training likely to assist effectiveness in the role, and which may have been completed prior to undertaking this role:
- Internal and external senior risk assessment and management
- Influencing and Negotiating
Additional details of exceptional aspects of the demands of the role:
- Required to form relationships with customers, therefore minimum tenure will be 2 years.
- The job holder will need to be able to communicate with credibility when dealing with financial controllers of companies. These customer contact points will have high expectations of the Relationship Manager in terms of professionalism, and ability to add value to their business, and find innovative solutions to their needs.
- The jobholder’s portfolio will consist of a full range of Large Corporate customers who will often be subject to competitive approaches from other banks.
- Business development activity will also be challenged by those competitive pressures.
- Bachelor’s Degree: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Application Deadline – 17th March 2023
Data Led Engagement and Sales Agent
To achieve agreed targets in line with the business objectives through pro-active selling of all the bank’s products and provision of excellent customer service
SALES TO RETAIL CUSTOMERS TIME SPLIT 60%
- Deliver exceptional sales performance by identifying and meeting customer needs through selling & cross selling of all Absa Bank Retail products and services.
- Have the ability through cross-sell to provide a full value-added offering to customers utilising multiple channels, including digital
- Provide direct “hands on” sales support through lead actioning and conversion of provide data sets.
- Participate in specific product campaigns by ensuring that the products are explained to customers.
- Agree, meet, and exceed targets for specific sales campaigns.
- Maintain own sales performance statistics for management information usage through maintaining sales logs. Analyze sales achieved against targets agreed on a daily basis. Include action plans to address any shortfalls in sales.
- Own and manage personal products & channel sales targets to contribute towards the direct sales objectives and targets.
- Refer to the appropriate area of delivery for specialist product help or advise (e.g., Schemes or Mortgage) when uncertain about the product delivery or application process. Respond directly to the customer.
- Guide the customers through digital account opening process end to end and maintain the digital led relationship customer management. Call customers when their accounts have been opened and provide the customer with contact information for the branch at which their account is held.
- Check on assigned client’s profile for possible cross sell opportunities.
- Actively seek to grow own portfolio and cross sell to ensure delivery of set Targets deepen, customer relationship and drive business targets on account activation, win back and balance sheet growth.
CUSTOMER SERVICE TIME SPLIT 15 %
- Have an understanding of all Retail and Business Banking products that could satisfy customer requirements
- Own customer queries and complaints around digital account opening, loans, cash on call and card applications and resolve in a timely manner. Escalate any unresolved queries, or queries not resolved in a short period of time to the Line Manager.
- Provide customers with accurate information on the banks products and services including disclosing all charges, terms and conditions.
- Build relationships with internal service providers (Credit Operations) to ensure a quick turnaround time of escalated queries and complaints.
- Advise customers as soon as new loans are approved and encourage draw-downs on the new loans.
OPERATIONAL RIGOUR, COMPLIANCE AND CONTROLS TIME SPLIT 15 %
“Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise-Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Absa Policies and Policy Standards. Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.”
- Ensure accuracy of each new account application, loan document, Absa card application and all other customer documents. Lead Generators (LGs) are held personally accountable for accuracy and quality of these and supporting documents that they complete and submit.
- Achieve operational rigour excellence in all aspects of procedures and processes personally undertaken.
- Ensure adherence to the group service standards.
- Follow the Retail end to end account opening ensuring new accounts are authorized and KYC compliant. Escalate any items that exceed the agreed service level timelines or where there are unresolved KYC requirements, to the Line Manager.
- Comply with general Absa operational risk & rigour requirements e.g., Health & Safety standards and security of premises, KYC and anti-money laundering regulations.
CONTRIBUTE TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE TEAM/PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT TIME SPLIT 10%
- Share knowledge and experience with other Lead Generators in the team.
- Provide cover for other Lead Generators in case of excessive workload or absence.
- Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Application Deadline – 17th March 2023
To develop and manage functional software solutions as per business user requirements, defining system functionality and writing code in various languages. To develop system validation and testing methods with and design software and systems in line with software development initiatives from the business. Drive convergence of technologies and ensure delivery of technology projects associated with internally initiated applications and liaise and negotiate with internal customers and technology vendors where necessary.
Key Accountabilities and Time Split
Application Development- 35%
The prime responsibility is for development of software applications in collaboration with various business and technical teams.
The accountability also has a responsibility of analysing existing application issues and problems to determine ways to improve performance through automation of manual processes.
- Provide specialist advice and support in area of accountability to ensure that identified solutions and recommendations are appropriate and effective.
- Understand and apply existing best practice frameworks to assist in the implementation of identified subject matter processes and standards.
- Identify and recommend new innovative ways of achieving quality results
- Implement integrations requested by customers
- Deploy updates and fixes
- Provide Level 2 technical support
- Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience
- Develop software to integrate with internal back-end systems and databases
- Developing and maintaining software system validation and testing methods.
- Managing the software development lifecycle.
- Developing technical documentation to guide future software development projects.
- Apply best practices and standard operating procedures.
- Create innovative solutions to meet our organisation’s technical needs.
- Agree appropriate actions to maintain or improve processes by providing automation solutions.
- Determine the opportunities for automations and their requirements from the business for new or enhanced IT applications
- Participate in Change Control meetings to assess and authorize changes from an availability perspective
- Define the key targets of availability required for the applications and their components that underpin a new or enhanced IT application as the basis for an SLA agreement
- Act as a coordination point for changes to applications when needed
- Maintain an awareness of technology advancements and best practices that support application availability.
Job Openings at Absa Bank Limited
Test Management – 10%.
Responsibility is to ensure that proper testing occurs for all Application changes released into the production environments
- Work closely with Release Analysts
- Review releases and assign appropriate release testing tasks
- Compiles and Review the Testing Deliverables
- Conduct installation procedure tests
- Oversee / Review functional, performance, and integration testing results
- Coordinate user acceptance testing
- Coordinate back out testing
- Conduct supporting documentation review
- Compile test results
- Conduct release test review
- Coordinate post release testing
- Validate and communicate results of testing activities
- Single point of contact for one or more business units to represent IT services.
- Identify service needs for the Business Units represented to IT
- Escalate Business unit service issues to the Service Manager
- Communicate service status on service issues to the Business Unit
- Assist in SLA negotiation efforts with Business Unit(s)
- Report on quality of services rendered to Business Unit(s)
Risk Management 25%
- Build relationship with country Technology Risk and Compliance team and provide support wherever required.
- Ensure that processes and controls are executed in daily work and understand the reasons for the controls and the consequences for failing to adhere to prescribed processes.
- Test a sample of activities on a weekly basis by reviewing documentation and checking work completed by team members to see if control requirements are being adhered to. Coach the team members on areas for improvement and highlight major failures to the manager of the area
- Provide evidence/supporting documents to auditors or management assurance consultants during formal reviews
- Identify losses due to processing errors or internal fraud in the department. Escalate to the manager and provide all the required information to allow logging of the Risk and Loss events. Participate in the investigations
- Make team members aware of all changes to policies, processes and procedures that are being planned for the area and ensure that they are able to incorporate the changes on the effective date. Ensure that team members read circulars that are relevant to the area and answer questions they may have.
- Contribute and deliver to the improvement of the risk profile by delivering improved governance, risk management, controls and compliance requirements.
- Devise and implement an effective plan to deliver a satisfactory risk and audit profile for Operations & IT and achieve audit and assurance targets.
People Management 10%
- Responsible for driving own Performance Development, collating relevant documentation, preparing for and arranging reviews.
- By utilizing skills matrix, identify training and development requirements, formulating own plan to be agreed with team leader. Responsible for ensuring own plan is completed within agreed timescales.
- Undertake all necessary training in order to perform the role to the required standards, including gaining accreditation where appropriate
Education and experience required
- Undergraduate or higher in Computer Science or any other Technology related field.
- 3 years IT experience minimum
- Experience with software design, development, and testing
- Experience in business analysis and project management
Subject Matter Expert Qualifications
- ITIL v4 Certification
- DevOps Certification
- Cloud Practitioner Certification
- Cloud Solution Architect Certification
Knowledge and skills: (Maximum of 6)
- Translate Bus Requirements to Tech Solutions (Solid)
- Cloud expertise (Solid)
- ITIL – Governance Framework (Solid)
- Strategic Thinking (Solid)
- Negotiation Skills (Solid)
- Subject matter expertise (Solid)
- Communication Skills (Written and Verbal) (Solid)
- Conceptual thinking, ability to analyse, make decision and initiate action (Solid)
Competencies: (Maximum of 6 competencies)
- Agile ways of working (Meets all the requirements)
- DevOps Model working (Meets all the requirements)
- Business Analysis (Meets all the requirements)
- Solution Design and Architecture (Meets all the requirements)
- Commercial mindset – (Meets all the requirements)
- Creative and innovative thinking (Meets all the requirements)
Application Deadline – 20th March 2023
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.