Job and Internship Openings at Bioversity International
Job and Internship Openings at Bioversity International
Who we are Our vision and mission, history, and staff profiles. Where we work Find out where Bioversity International carries out its research The Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT Our joint vision and mission. Key events What is coming up in our events calendar.
- Method of Application
Systems Integration Analyst
- Exploit specialist knowledge to influence solution construction providing guidance to increase efficiency.
- Support application delivery, review deployment options and selects appropriate methodology considering business requirements.
- Collect requirements for additions/changes to current processes and applications.
- Acts creatively to develop applications and ensure solution is in line with business requirements.
- Exploits specialist knowledge of incident and problem management process to prevent failures and resolve issues with minimum business impact.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field.
- Minimum of three years of relevant experience
- Excellent command of English language both written and spoken.
- Experience managing ERP software.
- Ability to sustain pace in the work environment daily
- Ability to effectively design and execute an appropriate action plan with in order to reach an objective.
The Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT is seeking a Communications Intern to be based in Nairobi, Kenya to support communication activities in the bean program. This role will report to the Communication Analysts
- Support the development of communications content and materials that can take the form of compelling narratives, case studies, multimedia graphics, newsletters etc. for publication to a range of audiences.
- Work with the communication analyst to highlight project milestones in various platform including the PABRA website and social media platforms.
- Promote the project work in the local and regional media for visibility.
- Support with compiling best practices, lessons and synthesizing knowledge management resources.
- Package interactive communication for the project as needs.
- Liaise with the Regional Communications team and the project coordinator to ensure all communication products are aligned to the USAID / Feed the Future communications guidelines.
- Assist with formatting reports, presentations and other technical documents including editing, design and layout.
- Assist in sharing materials and information across PABRA internal collaboration spaces and communication channels.
- Strong photography and video skills.
- Assist in the organization and production of internal events and internal webinar discussions.Perform any other substantive and/or administrative task that might be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, Public Relations, or Development related field
- Excellent computer literacy in standard software applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience with Adobe Creative packages, such as Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign etc.
- Experience in public relations, communications or journalism is an advantage.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills.
- Excellent drafting and copy-editing skills for internal/external communications purposes.
- Good research and analytical skills.
- Motivated and energetic self-starter who takes initiative
Senior Research Associate-Data Science
- Implement analyses that use data science to understand and map the relationships between climate, conflict, migration, and peace, with a geographically-explicit focus. These analyses will tap into large databases of climate, agriculture, migration, and conflict, and use innovative methods to explore this complex problem.
- Develop methods that to support risk modelling and projection based on climatic and socio-economic data.
- Use analytical skills to support the implementation of national and local-level analyses that feed into the Climate Security Observatory. This will include agriculture and conflict risk analysis, and model-based climate impact and adaptation assessments in the areas (countries, regions) of interest to the Alliance and its partners.
- Automate and document analytical routines and contribute to capacity development of partners as needed.
- Contribute to the writing of high-quality technical notes, project reports, and if of interest also peer- reviewed publications.
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the Climate Security team to develop a deep understanding of the relationships between climate and conflict. The team uses a wide array of approaches spanning the social and natural sciences, and the challenge is to integrate data science approaches with other approaches used by the team.
- Stay up to date with the most recent literature on spatial data science, climate and conflict, climate impacts, adaptation, sustainable agriculture, food systems modelling, and climate risk assessment.
- Contribute to project proposal writing and bilateral fundraising.
- Other tasks as assigned as relevant to expertise and ongoing or future projects.
- Ensuring that risks management are considered in the delivery of the assigned duties and responsibilities.
- MSc degree in agricultural science, data science, environmental science, geography, geoinformatics, geospatial, geomatics, with an understanding of climate-related risks, climate impacts, and adaptation in agriculture, and an interest in modelling complex problems.
- Experience working with conflict/peace and linkages to migration is a plus.
- Proven experience with spatial analysis, and handling of large geospatial datasets using R and/or Python is a must.
- Familiarity with Google Earth Engine a plus.
- Experience with collaborative algorithm development.
- Strong familiarity and experience working with large geospatial climate datasets including climate model outputs (e.g., CMIP5/6), historical climate data (e.g., station data, CHIRPS, CHIRTS), and agricultural datasets such as crop yield data, soils data, etc.
- Experience with modelling and forecasting yields, climatic and/or environmental systems.
- Experience in the use of remote sensing data is a plus.
- Specific experience with machine learning approaches, and spatial statistics is a requirement, as is experience handling large databases for modelling and data analysis.
- Excellent/proven English writing skills. Other languages (e.g., French, English, local languages) would be a plus.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.