Human Resource Personnel at ENGIE
- Responsible for creation and leading of Human Resource practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce, The Head of Human Resource is also responsible to coordinates the implementation of services, policies, and program.
- Ensure that country team workforce planning and hiring feeds into the organization plan. End to end recruitment of N-2 position in country while consulting with the global team on N-1 recruitments for country Leads.
- Ensure that we pipeline for scarce and critical roles that are hard to fill-in.
- Oversee the building of employer brand presence within the recruitments market of EEA Kenya.
- Collaborate with the Central team on best recruitment practices, diversity, and inclusion in recruitment. Reporting on recruitment metrics I.e. time to hire, candidates NPS, D & I metrics and bottlenecks.
- Adopt and Implement onboarding frameworks and methodology provided by the central Team.
- Oversee the implementation of Human Resource programs through Human Resource staff and monitors administration to established standards and procedures to identify opportunities for improvement and resolves any discrepancies.
- Develops and monitors country HR budget and ensure same is spent accordingly on HR related matters.
- Set specific training priorities at the country level with collaboration from the central team. Identify training providers, participants and ensure that trainings are implemented accordingly.
- Leads implementation of performance management system and process across the company including development of departmental goals, objectives and systems measurements to support the accomplishment of company’s strategic goals.
- Establishes an in-house employee training program that addresses company’s training needs analysis, training needs assessments, on job trainings, on boarding etc.
- Establishes the company wage and salary structures, pay policies and oversees the variable pays systems within the company including bonuses and raises in accordance with the Central Team guidelines and grading methodology.
- Directs and manages companywide process of organization development and design that addresses issues such as succession planning, employee retention and change management.
- Directs process of organizational planning that evaluates company structure, job design and proper personnel forecasting throughout the company.
- Be a change agent by evaluating organizational change plans and makes recommendation to Senior Management.
- Work with external vendors e.g., HR consultants, Training consultants, legal firms and Insurance brokers in an ethical manner at all times.
- Manages the development and maintenance of Human Resource Manual by formulating and adapting HR policies and procedures with regards to Employee Relations in consultation with Central Team guidelines and local labor laws.
- Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer- employee relationship and promote high employee morale and motivation such creating team moments, traditions and events.
- Monitors and advice managers and supervisors on disciplinary matters of the company.
- Leads company compliance with all existing labor laws requirements and ensuring company exposure to lawsuits at kept at minimum level.
- Ensure that data input in HRMIS are up to date and accurate. Maintaining such data within the system and with high confidentiality.
- Identifies and monitor the organization’s culture to supports the attainment of the company’s goals and promotes employee satisfaction and a culture that ensures employees engagement is at high level throughout the company.
- Prepares periodic reports for the management and board as necessary or as requested to track strategic goals of EEA.
- Ensure that HSE risk within the organization are kept at minimal and HSE guidelines are followed.
- Ensure that the risk of fraud, corruptions and unethical behaviors are kept at minimal to reduce risk of business operations jeopardy.
- Implement different identified ENGIE ethics strategies within EEA Kenya.
- Ensure our contractors and internal staff are trained to meet the set standards with EEA Kenya to support the business objectives.
- Administer Payroll for EEA Kenya
- Ensure effective onboarding and Offboarding of the EEA Kenya Staff.
We believe that great managers:
- Deliver ambitious results: As a high-performing and accountable leader, you create an enabling environment for effective action and bold decision which contribute to successful delivery of results.
- Act with integrity: As an ethical leader you are honest, respectful, objective, and transparent. You create and build upon a foundation of trust and openness.
- Inspire and mentor the team : As an inspirational leader you walk the talk. You empower and coach your team with trust and humility.
- Are accessible: as an accessible leader, you develop and maintain deep connections with stakeholders through approachability and active listening.
- Ensure diversity and inclusion: as an inclusive leader, you ensure diversity and foster a sense of belonging.
- Country Performance Management and HR team performance
- Training and Development within EEA Kenya
- Team Performance
- Adherence to HSE guidelines
- EEA Kenya conformity to Labor laws
- S/he is accountable for adherence of company’s policies and procedures.
- S/he is accountable for adherence to the company’s budget.
- S/he is accountable to check before approving all financial request.
Knowledge And Skills
- Minimum 5 years of experience as HR generalist
- Minimum 4 years’ experience of Leadership experience in Human Resource Position
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with the Senior Management
- Above average oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding of the Labour Laws in Kenya.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstration of High level of confidentiality.
- Experience in administration of benefits and compensation programs.
- Experience in Budget Management, Performance and Team Management.
- Excellent Analytical skills, Coaching Skills, Interpersonal Skills, Negotiation Skills a
- Excellent sense of urgency and time management (tight deadline) with high organizational skills.
- A passion for community for community development through sustainable renewable energy solutions is an added advantage .
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in human resource, Organizational Development, Business Administration, or any other related field. A master’s degree is an added advantage.
- CHRP/SHRM/CIPD certification is a must.
Good verbal and written communication in both:
- Experience in using Technology- HRMIS, Payroll Systems
Similar position Senior Engineering Manager at Microsoft