- Job level: Entry Level
- Job level: Short Term
- Exp.: 1+ Years
- Min. Education level: Bachelor’s Degree
- Specialism: HR & Administration
HUMAN RESOURCE ASSISTANT – SHORT TERM CONTRACT
The Kenya Climate Innovation Center (KCIC) is a social impact organization operating in the climate space, committed to supporting micro and small enterprises and driven by innovation. KCIC provides incubation, capacity building services and financing to Kenyan entrepreneurs and new ventures that are developing innovative solutions in renewable energy and energy efficiency, water management, agribusiness, waste management, and commercial forestry in a bid to address climate change challenges.
KCIC is seeking a highly motivated and proactive Human Resource Assistant to be engaged in a short-term contract of six (6) months, offering valuable hands-on experience and the opportunity to contribute to a dynamic and collaborative HR team
Role: HR Assistant
Reports To: HR Officer
Department: Corporate Services
Program: Agribiz Programme
Location & Work Related Travel: Nairobi
The position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Human Resource department and assisting with various HR functions.
- Support with recruitment through posting job adverts, scheduling interviews, and conducting reference checks;
- Support with onboarding new employees including processing paperwork and completing background checks;
- Maintain employee records by updating employee files and ensuring that all employee information is accurate;
- Support payroll administration by collating monthly payroll change advises;
- Respond to employee inquiries on HR administrative processes, policies, and procedures;
- Collect, collate, compile and update data on staff medical and other insurance schemes;
- Monitor, update and maintain the HR information systems for accurate and credible HR databases;
- Provide HR administrative support to other departments when required;
- Update the staff leave inventory and annual leave plan for accurate records;
- Support in implementation of staff welfare programs and activities.
- Degree in Human Resource Management; OR
- Degree in Social Sciences or a related field with a professional qualification in Human Resource Management.
- At least one (1) year experience in a busy Human Resource environment.
- Organization and Planning Skills
- Problem solving Skills
- Decision Making Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communication Skills
- Professionalism and Integrity
- Team player
- Creativity and innovation
Interested candidates are invited to send their up-to-date CV with their contact details, copies of academic and professional certificates, details of current and expected remuneration, the names of three professional referees and a cover letter demonstrating how you meet our requirements. The subject of the email should be the position being applied for.
Kenya Climate Innovation Center is an equal opportunity employer.