Graduate Trainee Program at Flamingo Horticulture,
Graduate Trainee Program at Flamingo Horticulture
Flamingo Horticulture Kenya Limited is Kenya’s largest agricultural export group employing 7,000 people and annually exporting 400 million stems of flowers, 7 million kilos of vegetables. The organization is geographically located in Nairobi, Naivasha and Mt Kenya. Together with 850 vegetables out growers throughout the country. The group has establish…
Agronomy Graduate Trainee Program
Salary and Benefits:
Your salary will be competitive and you could expect this to increase throughout the course of the program.
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Recent university graduate from a recognized institution with a minimum of second class honors upper division degree in Agronomy, Horticulture or a related field.
- Should have graduated not more than 2 year prior to date of application.
- Proven passion in farming and crop nutrition and protection with a wider understanding of IPM.
- Able to plan, implement and control production schedule.
- Exceptional active listening verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong research, decision making, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Awareness of industry trends, threats, technology, and developments.
- Knowledge of soil /Soiless and crop husbandry principles.
- Proficient in MS Office.
Who you are:
- You are highly ambitious, with a passion and in-depth understanding of growing, with an infectious enthusiasm for learning.
- You are hands on, with a proactive approach and will not be a clockwatcher.
- You are authentic and knowledgeable about farming and horticulture practice.
- You do enjoy being accountable and taking ownership of your tasks.
- You are able to thrive on being able to deliver against demanding deadlines.
- You have great people skills.