Graduate – Quality at Unilever
Graduate – Quality at Unilever
On any day, 2 billion people use Unilever products to look good, feel good and get more out of life – giving us a unique opportunity to build a brighter future. Great products from our range of more than 400 brands give us a unique place in the lives of people all over the world. When consumers reach for nutritionally balanced foods or indulgent ice cr…
Graduate – Quality
Main Job Purpose:
The Quality Intern role will focus on building capability on:
- Running the site testing facility and ensures that all applicable test methods are in place, that measurement standards are accurate and reproducible, and that all laboratory and satellite testing equipment is appropriate, calibrated and operated to the required standard.
- Understanding quality digital platforms (Build app, DVOC,Quality one) and trains manufacturing staff as needed.
- Liaises where necessary with central Unilever expertise.
- Supporting factory staff on root cause investigations on quality deviations.
- Building understanding on process quality and support teams on process audits.
- Building capability on WCM methodology and support in running quality projects as identified through loss tree.
Key support Areas
- Quality Systems Management
- Reviews local procedures and work instructions that ensure Unilever and other applicable standards for proper calibration, application, and control of laboratory methods
- Supports reporting of operational KPIs within quality.
- Provides expertise regarding use of and maintains relationship with external laboratories as appropriate to investigate non-conforming materials and products.
- Testing & Measurement
- Supports site program for quality assurance of raw materials and packaging components, work-in-process and finished goods and documents results / information as required in designated system such as SAP QM
- Utilizes advanced technical knowledge (e.g. chemistry, microbiology, sensory, statistics, mathematics, etc.) to support site quality testing program and sensory panels for raw materials and packaging components, work-in-process and finished goods aligned with Unilever requirements and specifications
- Applies correct methods and equipment and implements proper calibration and control of testing to verify and reproduce results against specifications.
- Acts based upon specification limits to hold or release in-bound materials, work-in-process and finished product (unless local regulations dictate the Q Specialist or Manager to make the final decision).
- Provides method and data analysis support for projects to reduce and/or eliminate quality losses as needed
- Trends analytical data to help identify supplier improvement opportunities and manufacturing process capability
- Innovation & Change
- Provides method support for executing innovation trials, early management in site projects, trials, and Launch Monitoring Plans for innovations and equipment changes.
- University degree in Biology, Analytical Chemistry, Food Science or Microbiology