Govt Makes Changes to 2300 Permanent & Pensionable Vacancies
- The Kenya Forest Service (KFS) amended the number of individuals required for the position of Forest Ranger, from over 2,000 to 1,900.
In a notice published in the local dailies on Tuesday, February 28, KFS affirmed that the recruitment date for the permanent and pensionable jobs had not changed and would take place on Wednesday, March 8.
The recruitment centres were, however, changed in four counties. In Tharaka Nithi, the venue was changed from County Commissioner’s Grounds in Chuka to Kathwana County Headquarters.
In Embu, applicants would undergo the exercise at ASK Ground-Njukiini East instead of Moi Stadium.
In Trans Nzoia, Kenyatta Stadium was changed to ASK Gruond in Kitale, while the Homabay Stadium venue was replaced with Kabunde Sports Ground.
In the notice, KFS announced 100 more vacancies for the inspector cadet, urging eligible candidates to apply.
- Requirements Among the requirements were possessing Kenyan citizenship, a Bachelor’s Degree in Security studies, Social Science, or relevant qualifications from a recognised institution.
The candidates ought to be aged between 22 to 30 years, and have a height of 5.6 feet for men and 5.3 feet for women.
Female officers should not be pregnant before recruitment and during training.
Candidates should also possess a valid Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI).
- Once approved, the candidates will undergo a medical check-up at the Academy, a rigorous Forest Law Enforcement (Para-military) training and ought to uphold integrity according to Chapter Six of the Constitution.
How to apply
- Interested candidates are asked to apply by visiting the
- Kenya Forest website www.kenyaforestservice.org and selecting Jobs Tab to proceed with online registration.
- An alternative option involves a candidate printing and attaching the notification email as the first page of the hardcopy application.
- It should clearly indicate the reference number for the position applied for and attach the current curriculum vitae and a copy of the National ID card.
- The application should either be sent through the post office or hand delivered to the address of the Chief Conservator of Forests.