GeoPoll Announces Job Opportunities; Qualification and How to Apply,
GeoPoll Announces Job Opportunities; Qualification and How to Apply
GeoPoll is a leading research organization that uses mobile phones to gather direct, real-time insights from millions of people throughout Africa, Asia, and Latin America
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
Senior Integration Systems Developer
The ideal candidate for this role brings some combination of the following personal traits to the table:
- Extremely self-motivated and highly organized
- Self-starter (willing to take initiative and champion innovative ideas)
- Collaborative and works well in a team environment
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills
- Implementation of new SMS messaging connections with wireless carriers’ SMSC using GeoPoll’s messaging platform (Java, SMPP, REST)
- Development and extension of the capabilities of GeoPoll’s messaging platform (Java)
- Implementation of new billing adapters for various wireless carrier billing systems (REST, SOAP, C#)
- Troubleshooting and debugging web applications
- Accurately breaking down and estimating work and an ability to deliver as per agreed-upon timelines
- Active involvement in design reviews, code reviews and general support of all team initiatives.
Skills & Experience:
- C# .Net
- HTML 5
- CSS 3/Sass/Less
- .Net 4.5+
- .Net Core
- ASP.NET Core Blazor
- .Net Xamarin
- jQuery, jQueryUI
- Unity (IOC)
- ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, or other Queuing Platform
- REST, SOAP, JSON, JMS, NMS
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Team City
- SQL Server
Digital Marketing Assistant
- Create, optimize, and measure the success of online advertising campaigns on social media, search engines, and other ad networks and report on campaign performance regularly.
- Research and implement new strategies for B2C recruitment of GeoPoll users and B2B lead generation.
- Manage GeoPoll’s end-user day-to-day app activity and user engagement.
- Increase brand visibility by managing organic social media accounts, including copywriting, finding, or designing imagery and videos, performing hashtag and trend research, and engaging with followers.
- Create content for the GeoPoll Research Blog and GeoPoll Talks podcast.
- Advise team on recent trends in market research and business in GeoPoll’s active markets.
- Working closely with other teams, identify needed and react quickly to requests for new digital marketing campaigns.
- Support sales activities through the design of both online and offline marketing collateral.
- Ad hoc marketing tasks as needed.
- 2+ years’ experience in marketing, focusing on digital marketing tasks.
- Experience running and managing pay-per-click advertising on various platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Google Ads, and LinkedIn.
- Strong social media management skills.
- Graphic design skills and working experience with Adobe products (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere and After Effects), Canva and other design software.
- Strong understanding of PPC ad campaign performance metrics.
- Community management experience, particularly growing a user base and social media audience.
- Experience with CRMs and email marketing platforms such as HubSpot and Mailchimp.
- Strong Excel skills and meticulous attention to number-oriented details.
- Experience measuring and reporting on mobile application metrics on analytics platforms such as Kochava and Google Play Console.
- Strong English writing and grammar skills.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to take on a variety of job functions in a fast- paced environment and juggle multiple requests at once.
- An enthusiastic self-starter, able to work independently or as part of a small team.
- Interest in the market research and technology industries and a willingness to learn about new topics and industries.
Under the leadership of the Portfolio Manager and Chief Operations Officer, the Program Assistant will be directly responsible for managing relationships with CATI & CAPI Teams for end-to-end quality data collection and facilitating new relationships with potential CATI & CAPI Teams.
Their responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Overall project implementation, training & support of CATI & CAPI Teams (engagement with other departments) to ensure projects are running at the required standards and pace.
- Daily oversight of the projects assigned to you (performance management, quota management and quality controls) & adherence to GeoPoll standards.
- Issue resolution and management with data collection teams on the ground.
- Coordinate with internal teams to establish project work plans and timelines for projects, prepare samples and executes deliverable submissions for client projects.
- In close collaboration with the Director and/or Portfolio Manager, ensure the success of the program management team in meeting contractual and program requirements.
- Organize program documents and manage enumerator trainings so that each adheres to GeoPoll standards and protocols to ensure all enumerators are trained per project prior to starting full data collection.
- Support the portfolio team with project adherence to the data quality standards across the different stages of delivery as assigned by the Portfolio Manager/Director of Operations.
- Manage enumeration teams to maintain full retention of the trained team throughout data collection and ensure at least 5 percent of all calls made by enumerators are graded and reviewed through audio recordings, direct listening or conducting callbacks.
- Escalate to the Portfolio team and the Portfolio Manager issues and risks that come up for a project in the portfolio so that these can be addressed in a timely manner
- Support the portfolio team with managing vendor project financials to ensure maximum accrual and help track account payables for active portfolio.
- Manage sample frames, prepare samples and monitor sample performance of individual vendor projects.
- 2+ years’ experience in survey design and project implementation
- 2+ years’ experience in basic data prep practices (cleaning raw data, analyzing frequencies, building pivot tables, etc.)
- 1+ years’ experience managing direct reports.
- Extremely self-motivated and highly organized
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and develop other team members
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in confidential matters
- Enjoys a fun, dynamic and challenging work environment within a start-up culture
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Interested candidates can send by email a cover letter and resume (as a single file with YOUR NAME as the file name) with the subject Senior Integrations Developer on the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before, Friday 31st March 2023 at 17:00hrs.
Please ensure that all documents use your name in the file name