Employments at Africa Nazarene University (ANU),
Employments at Africa Nazarene University (ANU)
Africa Nazarene University is an American private Christian University in Nairobi, Kenya, and an affiliate of The Church of the Nazarene Colleges and Universities around the world.
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
E-Learning Instructional Specialist
JOB REF: ANU/ONLINE/03//23
- Responsible for instructional design processes and providing support at all the stages of content design,
- development, delivery, and evaluation of online courses. In addition, this role is also responsible for
- coordinating the development of learning materials that are facilitated through ANU online.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for designing, developing, executing, testing, and assessing instructional design
- projects and/or technologies
- Orient and train students to online learning
- Support faculty in all stages of instructional design processes
- Support faculty on digital technologies relevant for interactive and engaging online experiences.
- Support faculty in content design, development, delivery, and evaluation of online courses.
- Coordinate with faculty in assembling effective online content.
- Ensure adherence to a design standard of an instructional design model that leverages on current and emerging technologies, and sound pedagogical designs and strategies.
- Present and make recommendations regarding course design, technology, and instruction delivery options
- Review courses against educational standards and quality before publishing for student access
- Coordinate communication to faculty, students, or other users’ availability of, or changes to online and e-learning courses or materials, programs, services, or applications
- Support the development of new online courses
- Track and participate in workflow of the instructional design process. To ensure its success execution
- Advice and initiate internal and external support providers on instructional design for a continuous and sustained faculty and student support.
- Engage in professional development and capacity building opportunities.
- Any other duty as assigned.
Academic and Professional Requirements:
- Master’s degree in instructional design, education technology, or other related field that are aligned with the tasks of this position will be an added advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or Education Technology or in a relevant field
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant experience as instructional designer, learning designer or course developer in higher education coupled with;
- Experience in supporting faculty and staff in instruction design or content design, development, delivery, and assessment at higher education levels.
Personal attributes and competencies:
- Strong practical and technical abilities in a variety of online learning technologies including but not limited to devices, interactive learning software, learning management soft
- Knowledge and skills of teaching and learning/ pedagogy
- Ability to troubleshoot problems, creative, and good in problem solving
- Interpersonal skills: ability to work with least supervision, communication skills
- Organizing and time management skills
- Team player: Demonstrate ability to work closely with students, faculty, and other staff
- Detail oriented
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to work in a student and faculty environment that is diverse and inclusive in nature.
Dean: School of Humanities & Social Science
The Dean who will serve as the chief academic officer and chief administrator of the School of Law, will report to the Deputy Vice Chancellor, Academic Affairs. The Dean will ensure the school’s commitment to providing a high-quality education that prepares students for being effective, ethical, and competent legal practitioners. The Dean will be responsible for overseeing the academic programs of the school to assure the programs meet regulatory requirements and is fully aligned to the University’s purpose and strategic vision. The Dean will oversee program review and ongoing assessment of all academic and support programs in the School of Law; will be responsible for ensuring that the School of Law is efficiently administering its academic and administrative programs and committees; and will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with important stakeholders. The Dean will be someone who is going to maintain a presence in local, state, national and international legal/education communitie. The Dean will represent the School of Law and the University in public speaking opportunities to further enhance the reputation of the University and the School of Law.
Job Purpose and Expectations
- Over-seeing continued enrollment growth and Student Retention.
- Enhancing and Promoting the Distinctiveness of the School. The dean must be able to share the story of why this should be the school of choice for students seeking a law or criminal justice degree.
- Fundraising and Revenue Development. The Dean is responsible for generating stronger external funding support through fundraising and outreach to grow student scholarships, add staff support, develop faculty, and promote student success.
- Risk Management Processes. The Dean is responsible for the School’s risk management as well as recognizing emerging trends and best practices in the administration and management of schools of law.
- Alumni, Civic and University Engagement. Expand and reinforce relationships between the School of Law and its alumni regionally, nationally, and globally.
- Communication and Transparency. Fostering and promoting a culture of open communication, inclusivity, transparency, and accountability among faculty, staff, and students across the university.
- Budgetary Management. Planning and executing an administrative budget for the School of Law assuring that operations are executed within allocated funding, and actively seek additional ways to strengthen the revenue stream.
- Faculty Development. Developing and retaining a robust faculty who are sensitive to the needs of the students. The Dean will maintain and strengthen the intellectual, research, and service aspirations of faculty offering ongoing support and encouragement for scholarly activities that lead to publications in leading journals, the procurement of grants, and contribution to expanding knowledge vital to the practice and profession of law.
- Diversity Efforts. Continue to build on the existing successful diversity and inclusion initiatives that have enhanced the student experience, the academic programs and the faculty profile of the School.
- PhD. in any of the following areas; Education, Counseling Psychology, Governance, Peace and Security or Mass Communication
Method of Application
- Send your application via email through firstname.lastname@example.org enclosing a Professional portfolio, copy of National Identity Card, Curriculum Vitae with details of current post, salary and other financial benefits, certified academic and professional certificates, testimonials, names and addresses of three referees (one of whom should be present or previous employer).
- Ensure that you have indicated the job title and reference number in the subject of the email.
- Fill out the form in this link as part of the application process:
Suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to send their applications not later than 27th March 2023