Employment Opportunities at Safaricom Kenya,
Employment Opportunities at Safaricom Kenya
Safaricom is the leading provider of converged communication solutions in Kenya. In addition to providing a broad range of first-class products and services for Telephony, Broadband Internet and Financial services, Safaricom seeks to uplift the welfare of Kenyans through value-added services and support for community projects.
- Open Jobs
- M-PESA Capability Development Officer
Reporting to the MPESA Capability Development Academy Squad, the successful candidate will be responsible for development, coordination, and delivery of M-PESA training programs; documentation and dissemination of M-PESA Products and Services to relevant audience on a continuous basis (within the organization and for our customers)
M-PESA Knowledge needs assessment
- Identify gaps and challenges in M-PESA products knowledge and roll out training that addresses those challenges.
- Identify and assess training needs of staff by conferring with managers and supervisors or conducting surveys and plan to plug the training needs gaps.
M-PESA Knowledge content development
- Develop content for every M-PESA product or service to be documented in various forms such as videos, audio, and written formats.
- Evaluate all current information about M-PESA products and services from various touch points including corporate website, Yammer, YouTube Channel. These includes product guides, FAQs, Tariffs tables, marketing fliers etc.
- Contribute to all stages of multimedia (video and graphics) creative development, from research and storyboarding to animation /production and final delivery.
- Collaborate with the squad and cluster teams to meet creative and production goals
- Understand best practices for short-form content on social platforms to improve our product experiences.
- Maintain the highest creative, conceptual and production standards, while constantly ensuring brand integrity and consistency.
- Concepting, storyboarding, animating, and editing video, audio and graphic design projects.
- Using video and visual design to craft captivating stories to ensure engagement, clarity of message and brand consistency across every communications channel.
- Seek opportunities to reduce production costs while maintaining quality standards.
Documentation and Presentation
- Document M-PESA products and services knowledge materials that guide training, marketing, and general understanding of the product.
- Ensure that for every M-PESA product or service there are knowledge materials that guide training, marketing, and general understanding of the product.
- Organize and develop, or obtain, training procedure manuals and guides and course materials such as handouts and visual materials.
- Produce training materials for in-house courses as appropriate. Amend and revise materials as necessary, to adapt to changes that occur.
- Share M-PESA product and services information on request and proactively with all relevant touchpoints.
- Ensure that for every M-PESA product or service there are knowledge materials that guide training, marketing, and general understanding of the product and that they are circulated to the relevant audience in a timely manner.
Training programs development, and execution
- Spearhead creation M-PESA products and services training programs across the entire organization.
- Manage training and development activities to meet current and future business needs.
- Maintain a high-quality training schedule and profile for all eligible staff, agents, and partners.
- Facilitate the execution of all training plans at the organization and regional levels to all direct staff, contracted staff, M-PESA Agents and partners.
- Work globally, understanding and accommodating needs by all sales regions.
Core competencies, knowledge, and experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Experience working within a fast-paced and geographically diverse organization.
- Organized, Creative and self-motivated with strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Able to think strategically in terms of culture, organizational behavior, business processes, and knowledge management tools.
- Strong understanding of technology behind M-PESA and financial services solutions.
- Good appreciation of Business Unit needs both at the operational and strategic level.
- Be comfortable with taking initiative, interacting with technical and non-technical personnel.
- Be able to read through and understand previous versions of documentation and perform research to ensure clarity and accuracy of current documentation.
- Can present technical information in a non-technical way.
- Ability to speak English and Kiswahili clearly for live presentation and video scripting.
- Ability to travel frequently away from Nairobi with short notice.
- Ability to maintain very high standards of integrity as per company policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in business management, business administration, communication, journalism, writing, or another related field.
- Minimum 1 year experience in training/learning content development OR achieved 60 hours of training in Safaricom product and services. Experience in M-PESA training will be an added advantage.
- Proven desktop publishing skills and use of relevant publishing software.
- Sound working with M-PESA products and services.
- Have at least 6 months experience of video, motion graphics and static graphic design experience.
- Demonstrate well executed designs in motion for e-learning platforms product explainer. (Provide a link to an online strong portfolio with relevant examples of previous work along with an intense sense of typography, design, animation, and style frames).
- Competency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and Premiere Pro) and a basic understanding of a diverse range of motion design software, plugins, techniques, and approach.
- Clear understanding of Agile methodologies and ceremonies.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-based, constantly evolving environment while remaining organized and meticulous.
- Possess a high degree of creativity as well as proven technical production skills.
- Are familiar with industry standard editing workflows, video formats, codecs, and frame rates.
Last Date to Apply: Mar 3, 2023
Enterprise Architecture Lead
Reporting to the HoD Enterprise Architecture, the position holder will shape and drive end-to-end Architecture for IT for Safaricom ensuring that our technology assets continuously evolve to deliver best customer experience, enable new rich services and meet future operational targets. This role requires a high-caliber individual with strong strategic mindset. Solid understanding of IT Architecture together with underlying IT infrastructure is a key imperative. The role holders should be inquisitive, always keeping abreast with emerging IT best practice. The role holder should additionally have a track record of working effectively with a wide set of stakeholders on complex technology programs.
- Manage target architecture vision and roadmap in alignment with Safaricom strategy.
- Design, develop and deploy Enterprise Architecture practices, standards, frameworks and patterns.
- Test and onboard new technologies and suppliers to drive innovation and meet emerging business requirements.
- Provide thought leadership on contextualization of global best practice for Safaricom Enterprise Architecture and IT strategy
- Develop standards to guide Solution Architecture practice and other teams in day-to-day delivery.
- Lead the evaluation and selection of hardware and software products
- Develop and maintain the technology roadmap for assigned area, collaborating with business and IT partners to ensure that the roadmap creates business value with technically sound solutions.
- Provide key inputs into financial management processes to align budget priorities with strategy and architecture.
- University degree in Information Technology or a telecommunications biased discipline.
- Experience of leading development of complex technology strategies, architectures or roadmaps
- Experience in End-to-End Solution Architecting
- Demonstrated experience implementing standard architecture and governance frameworks in a busy IT environment. TOGAF preferred.
- Certification in leading Architecture frameworks will be added advantage. This may include TOGAF, CGEIT.
- Good understanding of broad set of technologies used in IT.
- At least 7 years’ experience working in a software engineering or planning role or End-to-End for BSS or OSS applications.
- Demonstrated experience working within financial and supplier management processes.
Last Date to Apply: Mar 3, 2023
How to apply
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.