Employment Opportunities at Millar Cameron
Employment Opportunities at Millar Cameron
MIllar Cameron is a leading recruitment consultancy who provide recruitment talent solutions to the Food Value Chain, Agricultural, Logistics, Real Estate and Finance sectors in developing geographies with a particular emphasis on Africa. Headquartered in Oxford with an office in London, our team of consultants and researchers source personnel for projects and operations.
- AGRA is an African-led and Africa-based institution that puts smallholder farmers at thecentre of the continent’s growing economy by transforming agriculture from a solitary struggle to survive into farming as a business that thrives.AGRA strengthens seed systems, develops and promotes sustainable farming practices, helps unlock trade and markets, and supports governments who lead their countries’ development.They work with farmers to adapt to climate change, increase soil health, and protect the environment. AGRA believes deeply in the urgency of reducing the inequality that women face in agriculture, and to unlocking the power and innovation of youth.
- The Chief Finance Officer (CFO) heads the Financial Operations Unit. In this capacity, the CFO is the custodian of AGRA’s financial integrity, assisting AGRA President by providing strategic financial leadership. The CFO works with the executive management team to establish and implement financial goals and strategies to ensure AGRA’s sustainability in delivering financial services in support of AGRA’s programs. The CFO is a member of the Executive Management Team with a corporate responsibility for AGRA.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads in the development and delivery of cost-effective policies, frameworks and services related to risk management and internal controls for AGRA.
- Directs treasury, investment, accounting and financial reporting activities; and manages relations with key stakeholders and communities of practice in financial, investment and risk management.
- Directs the budgets and resource allocation and execution in collaboration with the AGRA executives and the senior management team and aligns them to the strategic objectives.
- Projects the financial analysis of the existing programs and policies.
- Influences a unified leadership perspective through collaborating with the Executive Team.
- Influences a results-oriented, learning organization culture to increase overall impact.
- Motivates those under your command to take more initiative in their roles by overseeing the daily operations and the work of executives under your leadership (ICT, HR, Procurement, Grants).
- Grows AGRA’s finances through identification of expansion activities such as (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.) as well as manages partners/vendors relationships.
- Talent development of existing staff, hiring new staff as necessary and manages team dynamics to ensure a high-performance.
- Directs and provides coaching to relevant technical and administrative staff.
- Plans for sustainable organizational future of service, including via work with the executive team and representation of AGRA.
- Creates and implements plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, policies, processes, and staff.
- Assesses the effectiveness of all processes internal and external and provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the organization.
- Evaluates performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics, write and submit reports to the President.
- Set standards for performance and growth and establish policies that promote company culture and vision, while ensuring all program initiatives align with the company’s core values and culture.
Academic, Professional Qualifications and Relevant experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent higher-level professional qualification in Accounting, Business Management or Financial Corporate Management related discipline.
- Full accounting qualification CPA(K) and/or ACCA(UK).
- Minimum 15 years at an international level in an institution, which could include international organizations, international financial institutions, other development finance-related organizations.
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in a grant making environment.
- Advanced organizational leadership experience.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the corporate mission.
- Flexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, including the ability to set out a coherent analysis in presentations. Working knowledge of French would be an asset.
- Strong diplomatic and communication skills, ability to develop a close and effective working relationship with the internal client at all levels.
- An able and competent presenter as well as a positive influencer of others.
- Client orientation – able to balance responsiveness and pro-activity in meeting internal client needs and concerns and to ensure provision of value-added services as appropriate.
- Able to lead and manage major change and transition programs.
- Ability to champion of AGRA’s values: results-orientation, professionalism, respect and integrity.
- Recognized management skills in a multicultural setting.
- Strategic thinker.
- Creative and lateral thinker able to recognize opportunities and propose solutions to problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work both as a team leader and player.
- Able to coach and develop a professional finance management staff.
Group Head of Asset Management, Operations & Maintenance
- PowerGen Renewable Energy (PowerGen) is an innovative and dynamic renewable energy company that is designing, building and operating next generation off-grid energy utilities, or PowerGrids, that provide clean, affordable power to underserved communities in Africa. It is involved in the full development lifecycle from advising governments and donors on policy frameworks and project feasibility, to sourcing mini-grid sites, offering EPC and project management services as well as providing customer and asset management services.
- PowerGen is recruiting a full-time Group Head of Asset Management, Operations & Maintenance to establish the Asset Management function and to lead, manage and develop the existing geographically disbursed O&M team. They will ensure the effective and efficient running of the existing portfolio of over 200 power systems spread across 4 countries, delivering more than 2 GWh of power to 27,000 residential and commercial customers.
- Working closely with the engineering, finance, and operation teams, the Asset Management Manager will be responsible for operating and maintaining the assets to optimize system performance and maximize the return on investment over the 25+ year life of the facilities. The role will also include the structuring, growing, and managing of a team in line with the growth of the portfolio.
- Leading and managing the overall technical and commercial performance of PowerGen’s operating portfolio of projects and ensuring assets are managed safely, in an environmentally, technically, contractually and commercially compliant fashion to company and international standards.
- Managing and optimising the performance monitoring, reporting, and contract management systems at a portfolio level.
- Providing commissioning support to the project execution teams to facilitate effective handover from delivery to operation. Ensuring that effective O&M plans are in place and fully resourced.
- Delivering lowest life cycle operational costs and highest asset availability whilst continuously evaluating the O&M contracting strategy to optmise cost and performance.
- Defining/enhancing Asset Management and O&M processes, team capability and analysis to optimise asset performance across the portfolio.
- Driving innovation of hardware and software configuration (SCADA) to optimize performance and efficient management, invoicing, and reporting Upskill the O&M team and processes in line with PowerGen’s growing pipeline of larger, more complex and grid connected projects.
- Increase analytical rigour and effective use of analytical tools within the function.
- Qualified candidates for the Group Head of Asset Management, Operations & Maintenance will be of demonstrably high calibre with a track record of establishing and leading an asset management/O&M function ideally gained within the power utility or distribution sector.
They are likely to have the following skills, experience and approach:
- At least 7 years of relevant working experience ideally gained in an electricity utility, distribution company or power project developer/operator.
- A successful track record of operating or managing a portfolio of medium to large scale energy generation projects.
- Knowledge of power generation, storage and grid technologies, ideally including an understanding of medium voltage supply.
- Understanding of the power system asset management environment including contracting structures, performance metrics, and guarantee structures, technical innovations, commercial and financial considerations.
- Understanding of key aspects that govern the configuration requirements of hybrid plants for different technologies
- Well-developed financial modelling and commercial skills necessary to evaluate and optimise asset performance against business plans.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and outlook with the ability to operate in a fast moving and challenging environment.
- Able to define and implement appropriate structures, processes and policies in line with recognised international industry standards.
- A strong intellect and a ‘sharp and hungry’ outlook with the tenacity, resilience and cultural sensitivity to work effectively in an African context.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.