Employment at LVCT Health,
Employment at LVCT Health
LVCT Health is an indigenous Kenyan non-governmental and not-for-profit organization established in 2001. We are driving Kenya towards HIV prevention, with an ultimate goal of reducing HIV infections to zero. We offer integrated HIV services through development of models that are scaled up to the national models.
Reference: ACC /LVCT/03/2023
The primary responsibility of this role is to provide overall coordination of the grant portfolio based in Nyeri. The Accounts Assistant will have a broad and deep understanding of the relevant donor rules and regulations and proactively identify compliance risks throughout the grant portfolio. In addition, S/He will work collaboratively with the LVCT Health Juja Office under the Dhibiti project, ensuring that Nyeri County complies with the requirements of the grants. The Accounts Assistant will also develop and embed best practices in accounts management in compliance with donor rules and regulations.
- Accurate review of all financial commitments against budgets
- Accurate and timely preparation and consolidation of financial reports
- Accurate and timely preparation of reconciliation for cash and bank for both inter-office accounts and out of office
- Timely processing of monthly HRH payroll inputs
- Proper maintenance and management of all financial documents in an orderly manner
- Post details of the daily transactions to the existing accounting software
- From time to time, prepare periodic financial reports as requested by the organization
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or CPA (K) or other equivalent professional qualification in accounting
- Proficiency in computer application packages and quick books
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Well-developed Interpersonal skills
- High integrity, honesty, initiative and team-player
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
Closing: 7 April 2023
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake routine communications support assignments
- Interview respondents and write stories/reports
- Gather story idIeas and write/produce human interest stories on diverse issues
- Assist in photography and video coverage for USAID Stawisha Pwani project events and activities
- Assist in editing videos and photos
- Social media and digital communication
- Graphic design
- Track and keep record (newspaper cuttings) of HIV, health and other stories related to
- USAID Stawisha Pwani mandate appearing in the newspapers and online (video clips, articles and blogs)
- Update USAID Stawisha Pwani online platforms with news content
- Assist in maintaining the USAID Stawisha Pwani shared folder – especially the communication section by ensuring relevant content (photos, videos and articles) are up-to date other duties as assigned.
- Completed or working towards a college degree, preferably in; Communications, or Public Relations
- Willingness to learn by taking up the internship for a period of 3 months
- Must be computer literate (Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
- An eloquent and bold speaker with good verbal and written English and Kiswahili
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with health and community contacts
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task
- and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability and interest to write human stories on diverse issues
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop highly desired. Knowledge of Word press and graphic design is a plus
Closing: 5 April 2023
We strive to provide an environment of professional growth and development. Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications and CV along with a cover letter expressing interest and indicating Salary history and expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org by 7th April 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.