Job Vacancies at the United Nations: Driver Needed in Nairobi
The United Nations is looking for a driver to join their team in Nairobi. You will be responsible for transporting authorized personnel and goods, delivering and collecting mail and documents, meeting officials and visitors at the airport, and maintaining the assigned vehicles. You will also assist with data collection and analysis, information material preparation, and other relevant functions.
- A minimum of high school diploma or equivalent
- A valid national driver license
- A defensive driving certificate or equivalent (desirable)
- A basic life support (BLS) certificate or equivalent (desirable)
- At least two years of continuous driving experience with a safe driving record
- Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles, including vans and other kinds of motorized vehicles
- Experience with the United Nations or any international organizations (desirable)
- Experience in diplomatic or protocol environment and procedures (desirable)
- Knowledge of driving license class B, C, and E – light vehicles & heavy commercial vehicles, fleet management, car driving, route planning, traffic laws, and regulations
If you think you have what it takes to be a driver for the United Nations, don’t hesitate to apply now! This is a great opportunity to work in a dynamic and multicultural setting and to contribute to the global goals of peace, security, human rights, and development.