Data Clerk at Kakenya’s Dream,
Data Clerk at Kakenya’s Dream
We provide life-changing education to empower girls, end harmful traditional practices, and uplift rural communities in Kenya. We believe that every girl, no matter where she is born, deserves a chance to dream and achieve her full potential. When a girl is empowered to learn, grow, and lead, the future is bright. This is Kakenya’s Dream.
- Ensure that every student that has ever participated in our schools is accounted for in the database and that the class counts align with our Program Dashboard report numbers.
- Review each student profile for any missing information and then work with the various program officers and school officials to gather that information and fill it in the appropriate fields within the database.
- Review hard copies of paperwork and hand written records maintained by the program officers to ascertain what data is there and needs to be added to the database.
- Populate Apps that don’t currently have data or are missing large quantities of data such as the School App, Incident App, Exam App, etc.
- Work closely with each Program Officer to identify duplicates, determine which record is accurate and then delete the incorrect record.
- With the support of the Program Officers, identify possible inaccuracies in the data already in the database and work to correct them.
- Clean the data ensuring proper capitalization, consistency and accuracy of spelling especially related to village names and schools.
- Regularly create data back-ups to restore data if lost at any point.
Enhancing the database
- Recommend new fields, apps, and reports that are needed based on the data that needs to be housed and feedback from the program team.
- Build out filters and reports that the program team needs to extract the data from the database.
Other duties as assigned
- A diploma or degree in IT, Computer Science, economics, business or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with data entry and working in a database.
- Advanced Excel and Google Sheets skills and experience
- Must have a high attention to details and be able to recognize incorrect information and data
- The ability to multitask and project manage time well
If you meet the above qualifications, please email your resume and cover letter indicating your expected salary and availability to email@example.com by 31st March, 2023
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.