Dalberg Advertises Career Job; How Apply Before Dateline
Dalberg Advertises Career Job; How Apply Before Dateline
Dalberg is committed to global development and innovation, and offers a variety of advisory services across the international development sector. Comprised of Dalberg Global Development Advisors, D. Capital & Dalberg Research, our platform provides high-level strategic, policy and investment advice to the leadership of key institutions,
Director of Finance
You are a seasoned finance professional who can provide leadership for Dalberg Advisors’ journey to scale in a critical period of business growth. We are looking for an adaptive leader who can work with peers across our regional finance teams and to join the global management team, made up of our Partners and senior operations leadership. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following profile:
- Experienced finance leader. You have significant experience in financial operations (15+ years preferred), including at least 3 years in a senior leadership role. You hold an advanced degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or a related field as well as a professional accounting designation (CPA or equivalent). Strong preference for experience in a professional services firm and/or complex global company. Experience leading small to medium firms through their scale trajectory and understanding of the management consulting business model are strongly preferred.
- Strategic functional leader with strong technical finance expertise. You inspire peers and build and coach finance teams toward a vision that draws on your deep knowledge, networks, and experience in finance. You have stewarded efficient and effective finance functions and can deploy best practices, such as on financial planning and analysis, treasury, tax, audits and compliance, financial regulations, risk, insurance, and foreign exchange. You are tech-savvy and have significant understanding of ERP systems.
- Creative, growth-oriented problem-solver. You are willing to be hands-on when needed but also able to see the bigger picture and assess trade-offs while tackling challenges and managing change.
- Global markets exposure. You have experience working in global financial and operational contexts in emerging markets such as Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia and understand the financial and economic complexities of operating in a truly global environment.
- Collaborative partner. You work seamlessly and build trusted relationships at all levels and across structures, working with others to influence decision-making and achieve impact. You have demonstrated success managing high-energy, multicultural teams operating in a variety of country settings and people-centric corporate cultures. You enjoy coaching teams, engaging with peers to share best practices and challenges, and sharing and receiving feedback. You are humble and a good listener.
Open to candidates of any nationality. Fluency in English is required. Conversational ability in French, Spanish or other global languages is a plus given Dalberg’s global footprint, but not required.
WHAT YOU Will Drive
The Finance Director will serve as a member of Dalberg’s operations leadership team, and will report to Dalberg’s Chief Operating Officer. The Finance Director will oversee the end-to-end financial function for the Global Shared Services (GSS) finance team, including managing a global team of 10+ finance professionals with two direct reports. This role will also play a crucial part in shepherding Dalberg’s financial reporting and ensuring its financial processes and systems are suitable to support a dynamic global business on its growth journey, collaborating as a peer to four regional finance leads across the globe (including regional Finance Directors and regional CFOs, who report to their respective Regional Directors). This will involve helping us build a robust set of finance capabilities in financial planning and analysis, risk management, treasury, process and systems optimization and other key functions in step with our evolving firm strategy.
Work collaboratively with other members of GSS and regional finance leadership peers to drive decisions and progress on strategic initiatives for our Finance function that help achieve our business objectives. Design and/or improve processes and systems for Dalberg’s finance function that are responsive to and help achieve these business objectives. For example:
- Collaborate with regional finance leads to define priority areas for global alignment and ownership by our GSS Finance team, and identify central and/or regional capacity constraints to deliver on these priorities. You will hold accountability for driving execution and outcomes on these areas, which may include global norms/policies, risk management, design and implementation of improvements to financial systems, and ensuring accountability across the Dalberg finance landscape, among others.
- Provide strategic financial reporting, analysis and forecasting, and appraisal of investment options on a consolidated basis to support leadership discussions.
- Shepherd/support global projects such as optimization of corporate structure, implement transfer pricing policies and documentation, and optimization of revenue and cash life cycles.
- Analyze finance operations to understand areas of inefficiency, and lead initiatives to enhance financial shared services and standardization wherever it makes business sense.
- Lead efforts to optimize working capital and cashflows across the business, including recommending improvements in inter-office and cross-country funding flows.
- Serve as part of a center of knowledge on industry trends and financial regulations, driving best practice and ensuring compliance and financial risk management.
Work with regional finance leads to build, coordinate and oversee Dalberg’s global financial planning and analysis function to ensure consistency of reporting and to drive leadership decision making based on timely and accurate financial data:
- Propose and implement global standards and governance mechanisms for accounting, financial operations, tax, insurance, and reporting across the business.
- Guide key global financial activities, including annual budget and forecasting processes.
- Deploy data and adaptive systems and reporting to drive decision-making and provide an ongoing view of business needs.
Assess and propose solutions to reduce Dalberg’s financial risk exposure by developing and maintaining systems of internal controls and financial compliance including:
- Evaluate Dalberg Advisors’ business risk framework, providing suggested improvements based on best practices to mitigate risk exposure.
- Reengineer, implement, and monitor financial control systems and policies, and ensure compliance with financial governance principles and structures in line with finance best practice (IFRS, GAAP etc.)
- Support the planning and management of audit activities.
Lead and motivate Dalberg’s GSS Finance team while playing the role of thought partner to regional finance leaders.
- Provide leadership and guidance to global and regional finance and accounting teams by coaching, providing problem-solving support, guiding best practice implementation, and driving process improvements when necessary.
- Coach, mentor, and champion the GSS Finance team to develop a leadership bench capable of jointly addressing the challenges of a highly dynamic organization.
- Work closely with regional finance leads to create and reinforce a strong culture and enhance the effectiveness of collaboration across the broader finance team.
Director of People
This role sits at the heart of who we are. Dalberg Advisors is focused on bringing the best talent to the most challenging problems facing our planet and its people. Our People Director is critical to ensuring we attract talented and motivated individuals, develop their potential with inclusive and leading-edge support, and advance their careers so they are ready to lead on complex challenges.
This role requires a thoughtful leader who can drive our People function to optimize for the social impact an individual creates. You will join the Dalberg Advisors global management team, made up of our Partners and senior operations leadership, helping us to shape our talent experience across the globe.
To succeed in this role, you need to be:
- Deeply passionate about helping individuals and teams grow and perform at their best.
- A ‘builder’ who is willing to both co-create strategy as well as ‘roll up one’s sleeves’ in driving improvements, such as in how to conduct impartial recruiting, deliver training, run performance management, provide coaching, and build firm culture.
- Experienced in managing teams of HR professionals and working collaboratively with teams across the globe to develop and drive a shared People agenda.
- Excited about our firm’s mission and helping translate that into a values-based and impact-driven People strategy.
- A champion of diversity in all its forms, ensuring how we hire, train, evaluate, and coach is helping maximizing the potential of all our colleagues.
- Able to work across cultures and excited to build personal connections with colleagues.
- We expect this role may suit a wide range of profiles, from fast-growing People leaders keen to work in a mission-driven firm that matches their desire for innovation, to very senior executives looking to apply decades of wisdom on talent management to a growing social impact firm.
While we welcome a diverse pool of candidates, we expect candidates to:
- Have significant experience in HR talent operations (15+ years preferred), including at least 3 years in a senior leadership role.
- Have significant experience in professional services or other industries where high-skilled talent is the main product (strong preference).
- Have demonstrated experience working across cultures. Experience in emerging markets like Sub- Saharan Africa and South Asia, and/or social impact sectors strongly preferred, including managing HR operations in a unified manner that respects differences in working environments and local employment laws.
- Show deep experience in driving innovations within a people function and use of technology to enhance the employee experience.
- Demonstrate a strong track record of building trusted relationships across levels of an organization, building buy-in for change with humility, collaboration, and flexibility.
- Open to candidates of any nationality. Fluency in English is required. Conversational ability in French, Spanish or other global languages is a plus given Dalberg’s global footprint, but not required.
WHAT YOU WILL DRIVE
Our People Director will serve as a member of Dalberg Advisors’ global management team, helping create and drive a common vision for the talent experience across the globe. Reporting to Dalberg’s Chief Operating Officer, the People Director will oversee talent and HR functions led by our Global Shared Services (GSS) team and manage a team of ~10 talent professionals in our GSS team, including three direct reports. You will play a crucial role in shepherding Dalberg’s transformation in a critical period of business growth, and ensuring its talent base and value propositions to staff keep pace with changing needs and opportunities. This will include collaborating as a peer to four regional people leads across the globe, who report to their respective Regional Directors.
You will be a thought partner to the Dalberg Advisors leadership, including the COO and Global Managing Partner, peers in regional operations leadership, and our People and Values Committee, providing inputs on global firm-wide strategy, translating it into strategies for people management, driving accountability, managing risks that arise, and driving ongoing opportunities for improvement. This will include:
- Collaborating with regional people lead peers to define priority areas for global alignment and ownership by our GSS team, and identify central and/or regional capacity constraints to deliver these priorities. You will hold accountability for outcomes in these areas, which may include those involving global norms/policies, risk management, reporting, brand implications, among others.
- Acting as a central connector to share learnings, industry trends, and best practices globally, reinforcing a shared ownership mindset across GSS and regional people teams.
You will also oversee and hold accountability for our Global Shared Services People function, to ensure a globally cohesive and locally-relevant employee and Partner experience aligned with business objectives:
- Defining and helping us execute on best in class recruiting and onboarding approaches and work with our regional teams to make these locally relevant and compelling.
- Helping us build a stronger global alumni network. A key plank of our mission is to build future development leaders. Supporting our alumni is a key lever for achieving that mission.
- Supporting Dalberg to build an even more progressive, tech-forward global performance management and training approach. This includes managing two annual review cycles with regions to ensure accurate assessment and recognition for staff performance, organizing global cohort professional growth programs (~10/year) and tailored training resources.
- Driving ongoing improvements to firm-wide HR data and data systems to meet the evolving needs of our global firm and enable data-informed decision-making, including vendor management and negotiations, and pushing systems redesign.
- Strategically aligning and updating global HR policies and approaches to ensure our talent management approaches fit with our ambitions and values. As a talent leader, this will also include engaging in escalation if policies are violated. You will help us build transparent and compliant talent management across the firm, in coordination with regional needs (risk frameworks, compensation policies, and benchmarks etc).
- Championing a cohesive, inclusive, and inspiring employee experience that supports our values, retention, and culture in coordination with governance priorities led by our People and Values Committee, including applying a DEI lens across all aspects of our People function, implementing bi- annual staff pulse surveys, supporting regional alignment to Dalberg’s global Vision and Values, and advising on staff wellbeing efforts.
- Supporting Partner and executive-specific matters, including lateral hires, Partner reviews, Partner career development and training, elections, succession/ transition/ transfer planning, etc.
- Managing, coaching, and advocating for the GSS People team to develop a leadership bench capable of jointly addressing the challenges of a highly dynamic organization, while working as one global team alongside regions.
Chief Operating Officer
You are a seasoned operations executive who can provide leadership for Dalberg Advisors’ journey to scale in a critical period of business growth. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following profile:
- Experienced executive, with 15+ years of work experience and a significant track record in a C- Suite, director or equivalent senior leadership role (3+ years). Preference for experience in a complex global and growing firm/business unit of similar size and complexity to Dalberg.
- Deep understanding of professional services (especially strategy consulting) where highly skilled people are the main product, including business models and business development processes
- Demonstrated depth of cross-functional operations experience and ability to advise on best practices, including in finance, talent development, technology and shared IT services, knowledge management, external communications, risk management, and business development support.
- Experience across multiple regions, including emerging markets like Sub-Saharan Africa and India.
- Interest in working in an entrepreneurial organization, and track record of being a “hands-on” self- starter when necessary to drive key priorities.
- Creative, growth-oriented problem-solver, who can not only direct and ‘get hands dirty’ in day-to- day operational execution, but also co-create and drive a strategic vision for the future. Experience in change management, transformation, organizational design and structuring, and capacity building on a journey toward scale strongly preferred. Has a keen understanding of the opportunities and challenges for a small and growing multinational firm.
- Demonstrated success managing and coaching a high-energy multicultural team spread globally, including in training, mentoring, listening and taking onboard feedback, and a passion for supporting a team to achieve the skills and independence to execute their roles effectively.
- Experience working in a collaborative and people-centric environment, and able to build trust and buy-in in a diverse global management team. Able to build coalitions, listen and adapt with flexibility, manage stakeholders, surface tradeoffs and opportunities using qualitative and quantitative intelligence, and drive efficient decision-making.
- A values-driven leader, with a high bar for quality and dedicated to getting things done in an honest, efficient, and amenable manner.
Open to candidates of any nationality; role may be based out of any of our global offices. Fluency in English is required. Conversational ability in French, Spanish, or other global languages is a plus given Dalberg’s global footprint, but not required.
WHAT YOU WILL DRIVE
Dalberg Advisors is seeking a Chief Operating Officer (COO). The COO will play a crucial role as part of Dalberg’s global leadership team and will report to the Dalberg Advisors Global Managing Partner. The COO’s direct reports will include the ~5 functional leads of Dalberg’s Global Shared Services (GSS) team (who jointly oversee ~25 staff), including finance, people, knowledge management, communications, and technology. As per Dalberg Advisors’ region-based structure, regional operations leadership (e.g. regional COOs and operations directors) report to their respective Regional Directors; however, the COO will also hold accountability for select areas of central leadership across Dalberg Advisors globally, and on these areas regional leadership will be accountable to the COO.
The COO will ensure Dalberg Advisors’ operating processes, governance and/or decision processes, and risk processes are smooth and future-proof, and support the firm’s overall growth and performance. As Dalberg is a fast-growing enterprise, the COO would co-create and facilitate continuous improvement/re- design of our operational structure and strategy.
The role of the COO will continuously evolve as Dalberg’s operational functions shift in scope and structure, and as the governing bod(ies) of Dalberg refresh strategic and organizational priorities over time. Future focus areas for the COO could potentially (but will not necessarily either include or be limited to): leading the strengthening of Dalberg’s client service talent base, expertise areas, and service line areas, integrated action around Dalberg’s global commitments for climate action and DEI, and/or possible future exploration of merger or acquisition opportunities, among other possible areas.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead, facilitate discussions, and serve as a thought partner and bridge within and across leadership teams including but not limited to matters related to operational strategy and structure. Serve as chair of global forums for dialogue, learning, problem solving, and holistic planning across pillars of operations, and contribute perspective on broader firm strategy regarding impact and client service.
- Co-create and deliver on the strategy and re-design of Dalberg’s organizational and operational vision, structure, systems, and processes in support of efficiency in our business model. To include helping to set the strategy as well as shepherding implementation.
- Provide leadership to steward Dalberg Advisors’ operations globally with high stability in coordination with regional leadership, from finance, talent and IT, to technology, knowledge management, legal/risk mgmt., and communications and marketing.
- Hold accountability for end-to end-quality assurance in execution of the firm’s day-to-day Global Shared Services (GSS)-led operating functions, and oversee alignment with central priorities by relevant regional leads, both internal (e.g. Dalberg statutes and cooperation agreements), and external (e.g. statutory and tax). Collaborate with regional leadership to define these priority areas for central alignment and ownership, which may include areas involving global norms/policies, economies of scale, data and reporting, brand implications, and/or shared risks and inefficiencies.
- Ensure smooth processes related to budgeting, and developing and reporting on operations key performance indicators (KPIs), in close consultation with GSS and regional operations leads, especially the finance leads.
- Advise on optimal capacity in operations functions to serve firm-wide requirements and cultivate a “one operations team” culture, proactively identifying and working to close gaps in capacity based on a consultatively defined vision/plan for the future structure of the operations team. This will include advising on both global and regional operations capacity.
- Serve as an empowering leader, role model, and mentor for a team of dedicated and loyal operations employees globally and locally, who take pride delivering on-time high-quality products. Translate the firm vision and strategies to teams, delegate responsibility, and lead from behind to empower their delivery and professional growth through strong counsel and mentorship.
Responsibilities may also include an initial focus on finance alongside an incoming Finance Director. This may include is not limited to the following:
- Serving as a strategic partner and chair of financial governance discussions with leadership teams to understand and anticipate overall business performance and to craft strategies for optimizing working capital and investments accordingly.
- Co-create financial strategies and plans and oversee planning, implementation, management, and controlling of all global financial-related activities. Specifically, responsible for the accounting, budgeting, forecasting, reporting, controls, financial risk monitoring, and compliance for Dalberg Advisors’ GSS finance function and global agreement (DGDA Association).
- Oversee and report on financial governance, controls, and compliance with applicable external laws and regulatory legislation in jurisdictions in which DA does business.
- Oversee and report on compliance with internal policy including but not limited to financial and cash management policies/order of payments, statutes, cooperation agreements, and contracts.
- Provide recommendations and support to enhance global financial performance, data systems, processes, reporting, policies, and controls. This will include facilitating changes to corporate structure as required.
- Provide support on international and cross-border tax, audit and compliance issues.
- Ensure accurate, timely, balanced and clear consolidated financial reporting (including financial position, performance, outlook and cash flows) and other relevant KPIs.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.