Crown Agents Ltd Advertises Jobs; How to Apply
Crown Agents Ltd Advertises Jobs; How to Apply
Working side by side with governments and people across the world we help countries to perform better/ We are an international development company that partners with governments, aid agencies, NGOs and companies in nearly 100 countries. Taking on clients’ fundamental challenges, we make lasting change to the systems and organisations
Head of Transactional Procurement
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF JOB
- To ensure the profitable and efficient delivery of procurement services in order to meet the annual gross margin target.
- As part of the Procurement Leadership structure, contribute to the overall strategy and direction of the Global Procurement Business.
- Provide transformational leadership to the global procurement team, including a review of process and procedures.
- Design and implement a strategy for transactional procurement that ensures that our processes provide efficiency, quality and are reflective of modern procurement practices.
Management and Leadership
- Manage the global transactional procurement team ensuring most effective time/cost utilisation.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and strong technical expertise to ensure development of all team members under your management.
- Ensure that our transactional work across the entire global delivery platform, conforms to corporate systems and policy, client regulations and applicable standards.
- Where necessary, deputise for the Procurement Director or Deputy Director in meetings related to governance of the Global Procurement Team.
- Assist the Director of Procurement in development of annual operating plans.
- Assist the Director of Procurement in producing regular updates on progress against the Department’s AOP as requested.
- Build compelling and consistent thought leadership in subject area.
- Provide mentoring and support to members of the team, as appropriate.
- Be a ‘go to’ point of expertise for quality advice on transactional procurement and procurement related issues across the organisation.
- Deliver technical procurement inputs on specified procurement assignments.
- Provide Quality Assurance/Peer Review support to team members on their technical outputs.
- Prepare and deliver procurement training.
- Ensure that all contracts managed by your team meet the agreed delivery and financial targets.
- Provide oversight on projects, as Project Director or Project Manager, as required. When acting as Project Manager or Director, ensure:
- Contracted annual financial target is met or exceeded;
- Deliverables are produced on time and to the highest quality;
- Risks are mitigated and managed;
- Client and partner relationships are managed.
- Engage with the Procurement Growth Team and share the latest technical knowledge in order to win new projects and grow a profitable and sustainable transactional procurement pipeline.
- Promote our procurement offering to clients and external parties, via client visits, participation in relevant conferences, etc.
- Provide inputs into marketing and promotion materials.
- An internationally recognized professional procurement qualification.
- Relevant government or private sector experience in procurement leadership (minimum of 8 years);
- Demonstrable experience in delivering technical procurement solutions;
- Experience of working in a developing country (desirable);
- Demonstrable experience of working in complex and time-pressured contexts;
- Experience of driving process improvement within a procurement services team;
Closing: 16, April 2023
Main Job Purpose
This role works to support Group Legal Counsel and business units with timely advice on Group legal issues ranging from contractual arrangements with clients, partners, subcontractors and consultants, tender submissions, various forms of guarantees, international supply chain procurement and enquiries from our overseas offices.
MAIN ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide timely and accurate legal advice and practical solutions to all Crown Agents’ businesses both locally and internationally
- Work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary colleagues at Head Office and in international operations on contractual and other legal matters relating to the day-to-day operation of the business
- Draft, review, negotiate and provide legal advice to internal business clients on a wide range of contractual documents including teaming and consortium agreements, joint venture agreements, subcontracts, confidentiality agreements, consultancy agreements, services agreements, framework agreements, licensing agreements, guarantees, international supply chain arrangements, tender documents and all forms of procurement undertaken by Crown Agents
- Ensure that contracts and other legal documents are effectively and properly drafted, and reviewed and interpreted to identify legal risks and minimise such risks and liabilities for the business
- Assist with the development and updating of legal templates
- Liaise with and manage external counsel when required
- Provide advice and assistance on other matters as and when required, including but not limited to:
- setting up and maintenance of Group legal entities
- Group’s existing and future intellectual property rights portfolio
- data protection related matters
- disputes and litigation
- Group’s office leases
- Liaise with Group Compliance when required on legal matters
- Convey legal advice in a manner understandable to non-lawyers
- Assist with the delivery of legal training
- Remain abreast of legal developments in the key jurisdictions in which Crown Agents operates
- Be aware of, adhere to and reinforce Group policies and procedures, particularly in respect of safeguarding, in accordance with Crown Agent’s commitment to working to the highest quality standards and striving for continual improvement
- Be aware of and compliant with all the standards following Safeguarding procedures and policies. Promote Crown Agents speak up culture to protect the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults
- Any other duties as appropriate to the position, as may be required
- Be aware of and adhere to organisational quality standards and procedures in accordance with Crown Agent’s commitment to working to the highest quality standards and striving for continual improvement.
- Be aware of and compliant with Safeguarding procedures and policies.
- Promote Crown Agents speak up culture to protect the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk.
- Qualified Lawyer
- Experience in commercial, procurement, corporate law practice.
- Knowledge of the international donor and aid sector an advantage.
Closing: 31, April 2023
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.