Career Opportunities at ISM Containers
Career Opportunities at ISM Containers
ISM Containers is the design, build and delivery arm of ISM Africa with a focus on modular homes and container based structures. Over the years we’ve converted hundreds of containers for a wide range of applications, including shops, homes, catering, office, retail, rental assets, and industrial structures at our manufacturing yard in Nairobi
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
Business Development Manager-Carpets
We are currently seeking a bright and energetic Business Development Manager to join our clients growing brand.
In the role you will work alongside the GM to develop and drive sales specification through developments across the Greater East African Community. Specifically, you will focus your sales development around premium projects, property developers, architects and interior designers.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Contacting potential clients to establish rapport and arrange meetings.
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives.
- Researching organizations and individuals to find new opportunities.
- Increasing the value of current customers while attracting new ones.
- Finding and developing new markets and improving sales.
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events.
- Developing quotes and proposals for clients.
- Developing goals for the development team and business growth and ensuring they are met.
- Training personnel and helping team members develop their skills.
- Developing sales strategies to draw in potential buyers or to solicit new potential customers.
- Performing regular follow-up calls or emails and facilitating communication with existing customers to ensure their satisfaction and identify new potential needs.
- Proven working experience as a business development manager, sales executive, or a relevant role within the commercial kitchens
- 5-8 years of experience in Carpets Design sales.
- Carpets Design experience is a plus.
- Proven sales track record.
- Proficiency in English.
- Market knowledge.
- Communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to build rapport.
- Time management and planning skills.
- BSc/BA in business administration, sales or relevant field.
Construction Design Mechanical Engineer
We are looking to hire a talented mechanical design engineer. In this role, you will be required to meet with clients to determine their design requirements, plan and execute the design of mechanical devices, develop and test prototypes, and work closely with the manufacturing teams to ensure that design specifications are met.
To be a successful mechanical design engineer, you should be mathematically and mechanically minded and have strong analytical and critical thinking abilities. A top-notch mechanical design engineer should possess detailed knowledge of engineering and design principles and be able to find creative solutions to technical problems.
Mechanical Design Engineer Responsibilities:
- Meeting with clients and design teams to determine mechanical applications and requirements.
- Conducting research to inform the design and engineering methods required for the mechanical systems.
- Planning and executing mechanical designs using CAD, CAM, and 3D CAD programs.
- Performing computer simulations and experiments to virtually test and refine the designs.
- Overseeing the development and manufacturing of physical prototypes for testing.
- Documenting the design process, iterations, and test analytics.
- Managing project timelines, resources, and budgets.
- Liaising with clients, designers, engineers, and manufacturers to ensure coherence.
- Preparing technical reports, design specifications documents, and operational manuals.
- Keeping abreast of the latest advancements in technology, design trends, and engineering best practices.
Mechanical Design Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience as a mechanical design engineer.
- PE certification is advantageous.
- Proficiency with engineering design programs such as AutoCAD, Solidworks, and Rhino.
- Sound knowledge of design and engineering principles and best practices.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities.
- Attentive to detail and critically minded.
- The ability to stay abreast of advancements in technology and engineering design trends.
We are looking for an artful Interior Designer to undertake a variety of space designing projects. You will deal with design from conceptual development and liaising with the stakeholders to managing and executing the design.
The goal is to design practical spaces but yet visually pleasing.
- Undertake design project from concept to completion
- Define project requirements and schedule during the “brief”
- Interpret and translate customer needs into rough plans
- Set costs and project fees according to budget
- Research and decide on materials and products sourcing
- Produce “sample” and “mood products”
- Supervise work progress
- Work closely with designers, decorators, architects and constructors
- Research and follow industry changes, evolutions and best practices
Requirements and skills
- Proven working experience in decorating interior spaces (consultations, renovations, space planning and new constructions)
- Expertise in layout, colour, lighting, materials selection, custom furniture and all installations.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, SketchUp, 3D Max, Illustrator or other design programs
- Excellent portfolio of previous works
- Creative talent, imagination and eye for design
- Communication and presentation skills
- Project management skills
- BS degree in Interior Design or similar
Construction Project Supervisor/Site Agent/Foreman
The Site Manager is in charge of the site team and responsible for project delivery including the verification of quality checks and control. He/ she ensures that health and safety standards are always maintained while on site and supports in the day-to-day administration and operations that relate to construction/ project management.
- Assumes the site team leadership and responsibility for the project once a signed fit-out contract is in place and works closely with the SC during fit-out.
- Meet timelines and deliver projects within the specified time, without wastage, whilst maintaining a high standard of work that will result in repeat business from our strong customer base.
- Quality Control: Verifying the quality of work on site and instructing workers to remedy any defects that may occur.
- Preparing and presenting site inductions, safety briefings and toolbox meetings (daily work scope and daily safety briefing).
- Taking and recording accurate site measurements as and when required.
- Maintaining health and safety compliance on site in accordance with the company’s standards. Enforce use of PPE and PP wear.
- Record keeping: Report daily on-site progress and to the Project Manager, record and submit the weekly report (materials, projected work/tasks).
- Timely dispatch of site documents to the office.
- Identify, communicate, and coordinate site casual laborers and specialized skilled workers for specific tasks on site in consultation with the Project Manager.
- Oversee use of all materials, tools and equipment on site as executed by the site clerk to the appointed sub-contractors or skilled laborers.
- Control debris disposal on site and regularly inform the PM on debris disposal status.
- Obtain information on materials required from skilled workers regularly and compiling a material list and submitting it to the PM every Friday. Following up on the materials received the following week. • Ensure all drawings, design instructions, site rules and regulations are adhered to by the site team. • Liaison between the SC, skilled workers, helpers, and Service Contractors’ workers during the fit-out phase.
- Handle emergencies appropriately according to established procedures; prepare and file accident reports. Reporting the same immediately to the OM.
- Site safety – ensuring there is no theft on site.
- Maintain petty cash for sites.
- Inspect defects during the defect liability window and propose action.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Construction Management or equivalent.
- At least 5 years’ experience
- Excellent understanding of interior design
- Understanding of the different interior design finishes
- Must be very detail oriented
- Ability to manage a team of technicians • Ability to upskill self continually
- Able to work under pressure while delivering quality
- Highly ethical, must demonstrate integrity
- Proven analytical skills
- Able to write report
- Very strong planning and coordination skills
- Good technology skills
- Must have strong people and supervisory skills
- Strong communication skills is mandatory
- Must show good numerical skills
- Able to enforce compliance
- Should have good coaching skills
- Able to work flexibly
Career Opportunities at ISM Containers
Construction Project Manager
1. In charge of overall work activities
2. Manage to work on multiple projects
3. Organize work effectively and efferent to ensure timely completion of projects
4. Organize subcontractors to survey and carry out all stages of work
5. Ensure good workmanship to survey and carry out all stages of work
6. Able to effectively manage and supervise a team of construction worker
7. Attending site meetings to establish a scope of works
8. Prepare work schedule, project supervision and documentation
9. Determine and define project scope and objectives
10. Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner
11. Prepare budget based on scope of work and resource requirements
12. Track project costs in order to meet budget
13. Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan
14. Provide project updated on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
15. Utilize industry best practice, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution.
16. Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed
17. Measure project performance to identify areas of improvement
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email.