Career Openings at NewGlobe,
Career Openings at NewGlobe
NewGlobe is growing and developing fast. The organization has been on a journey from proof-of-concept community school programs, to participating in national multi-partner public-private partnerships, acting as technical service delivery partners to statewide programs at scale, and ultimately supporting national government transformation programs.
About the Role
Great challenge is where there are great rewards — the opportunity to be the person who launches every step of multiple industrial value chains to succeed in radically altering the future of millions of children across multiple countries and continents. We are seeking a talented, motivated and adaptable individual to support and deputise for the VP, New Opportunities as Senior Director, New Opportunities. The ideal candidate is a multifaceted individual who will work closely with the VP, New Opportunities, as support and deputy to gain knowledge on how to launch and run a business. As a co-strategist, implementer, and trusted advisor, the successful candidate will lead execution of operational and strategic initiatives for the VP, New Opportunities and the rest of the New Opportunities team. This includes during multiple co-current launches across different countries, the role of being deputised to lead a specific launch. This is a highly operational hands-on and analytical role, involving intense programme and people management and broad technical knowledge covering the entire business of launching a start-up in a new market: from project management, legal, teacher training and academics to operations, supply chain and people operations. The Senior Director, New Opportunities should have a proven track record of exceptional performance leading start-ups during a launch phase, or similar strategic initiatives and projects to completion.
What You Will Do
- Act as one of the deputy leaders on the New Opportunities team, support, and potentially oversee entire launches, programmes, projects and budgets
- Provide leadership on both strategic and operational delivery
- Operationally own and maintain the key documentation around launch programming, including but not limited to: ‘launch playbooks’, work plans, gantt charts, checklists and systems write-ups
- Identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate program adjustments.
- Ensure the technical and methodological soundness of activities in collaboration with the VP, New Opportunities and other functional heads.
- Collaborate with colleagues to solve problems and build a learning environment within the organization.
- As and when directed by the VP, New Opportunities, lead and manage the program team – providing the vision, day-to-day coordination, resource management, and supervision required to accomplish project objectives and to deliver superior quality products.
- Ensure appropriate follow through on actions, decisions, and commitments made by the VP, New Opportunities by working with the parties responsible for implementation
- Deputize for the VP, New Opportunities as and when necessary
What You Should Have
- Bachelor’s degree essential, MBA (or Master’s) would be preferred.
- At least 9 years of progressively responsible experience working in project management and design in developing countries, preferably including experience in the state or country to which you will be assigned.
- At least 4 years of management experience, including direct supervision of professional and support staff and assembling teams working in multi-faceted roles including field based roles.
- A proven track record of excelling in the leadership of operational teams, as well as in design-thinking, process and system design and application, managing complex and inter-related functions, as this will be critical overseeing a large scale school system transformation.
- Prior experience within a fast-paced, high-growth, metric-driven operational organization will be an advantage.
- Excellent organizational skills, with keen attention to detail and ability to follow up systematically on a broad set of initiatives and decisions
- Strong willed, a fast learner and able to effect changes fast
- Excellent presentation creation skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- At least one work experience that required highly independent work in an exceedingly challenging environment
- Strong management skills, leadership qualities, professional reputation, ability to build or access key contacts within the Ministry of Education or equivalent local and state regulatory bodies.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government representatives, for-profit private sector entities, local community organizations, donors, consortium members and other stakeholders, at national and sub-national levels.
- Ability to flourish in dynamic, ambiguous environments
- Ability to produce high quality work with very short deadlines, effectively prioritize work among multiple competing demands, and adapt to unexpected work demands
- Respect and sensitivity towards cultural, gender, ethnicity and religious diversity.
- Prior work experience as a management consultant is a plus
- Passion for our vision of democratizing the right for all children to succeed.
Bilingual People Director
About the Role
We are looking for an operationally focused, relentlessly driven star to lead our People Group across the programme. This is a high-impact role for someone who loves challenges. You will be laser focused on motivating and retaining our best staff, and will work to ensure that our service delivery positively impacts all staff.
The ideal candidate comes from a strong commercial background. You may have retail, operations, or consulting experiences, with a strong track record managing organisations and people in very fast-paced environments. You are energetic, tireless, relentless, and you are comfortable dealing with people of all backgrounds.
What You Will Do
- Ensure top-notch global People service delivery. This means ensuring that all processes that touch employee needs are running smoothly. This includes all aspects of the employee life cycle, including contracting, employee on-boarding, payroll, benefits management, office administration, administration of off-site spaces, employee engagement, staff retention and career progression.
- Execute on a data-driven approach across all People activities. It is your responsibility to ensure you and your team are leveraging all available data to drive decision-making.
- You will collaborate with other Groups and Departments on programming, including but not limited to Schools, Talent Acquisition, Technology, and Finance.
- Align company processes and policies with best practices and employment/labour regulations in all countries of operation.
- Execute on performance and talent management initiatives and resource planning.
- Lead all investigations, meetings, and reviews related to any disciplinary issues of gross misconduct or gross negligence, as well as any appeals or grievances.
- Supervise the Manager, Administration and Manager, People Operations and other People staff as needed to ensure delivery of all People Group programming.
What You Should Have
- Bachelor’s degree in business or other related field with top academic marks; MBA/grad degree a plus.
- Relevant Professional Certification.
- At least eight years experience, including within leadership roles and for rapidly scaling companies – across operational and project managerial capacities.
- Strong analytical and data driven thinker, ideally with previous experience in board commercial and operational areas.
- Self-starter; highly driven individual that will take ownership from the get-go and proactively look for improvement.
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to work with a very diverse workforce.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, leadership, analytical problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- High integrity with zero tolerance for any unethical business practice.
How to apply
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.