Career Openings at Médecins Sans Frontières,
Career Openings at Médecins Sans Frontières
MÃ©decins sans frontiÃ¨res (MSF) or Doctors Without Borders, is an international humanitarian-aid non-governmental organization (NGO) and Nobel Peace Prize laureate, best known for its projects in war-torn regions and developing countries facing endemic diseases.
MAIN RESPONSABILITIES, FUNCTIONS AND TASKS
Learning solutions to update and develop training packages
- Daily management of the learning solutions.
- Analyse the context and the potential users with the Technical referent.
- Determine with the Technical and medical learning referents, the general log frame of the new resources to be develop, then to share and in coordination and collaboration with Digital learning Manager and Med. Learning referent define objectives and possible content to be included.
- Develop content of technical areas; that are not her/his expertise, provides advice and support on the development of the general possible options logframe, give feedback and follow-up of the development of the project in close coordination and collaboration with the learning officer assigned
- Ensure the learning solutions are adapted to the context and future users.
- Ensure the content and updates are according last guidelines/protocols validated.
- Coordinate with Medical learning referent and Digital learning Manager the validation process.
- Support as proof reader when needed.
Coordination and facilitation of trainings
- In close coordination and collaboration with Learning Administration Services from LU, oversees in the deployment of medical learning actions, whether f2f or online methodology.
- Participates in the implementation of training activities and oversees appropriate conduction of training sessions (online and face-to-face) promoting adequate team dynamics and learning environment.
- Produces a final report incorporating final evaluation and recommendations for the future.
Follow learning resources (PMR resource/Learning path, community medical practice)
- To identify and support the development of new technical areas to be include in PMR resource (in coordination and validation of Technical referents and the Medical Learning referent).
- Ensure that the content is adapted and aligned with other existing or future learning solutions for PMR-Medco position.
- Determine and ensure Content Quality Control measures (following updated guidelines).
- Maintain content updated (both resources).
- Be part of the creation of the medical community of practice.
- Medical knowledge with at least 5 years of field experience in different contexts.
- Relevant experience carrying out learning projects/activities carrying similar tasks described above.
- Languages: English, French (required), Spanish, Arabic and Portuguese are a plus.
- Motivation for working in humanitarian sector.
- Flexible working hours during training programs implementation.
- Position based in any MSF-OCBA Hub (Barcelona, MSF-Spain office delegations, Amman, Dakar or Nairobi) with travel during F2F trainings (3 times per year, approx. 9 days). Final location will be subject to the employability of the preselected candidate (residency, work permit, etc.).
- Possibility to work from home (max. 60% of time).
- Full-time job.
- Contract duration: 1 year.
- Annual Gross Salary: level HQ-3A – 34 178.19€ (divided in 12 monthly payments) + secondary benefits based on MSF OCBA Reward Policy. Subjected to local conditions.
- Starting date: ASAP.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing maintenance according to the instructions in the logbook, ensuring all type of services to all vehicles are done on time
- Testing all vehicles after each service is concluded and before it is handed back to its driver
- Keeping record of vehicle’s driver remarks and carrying out repairs if needed (vehicles and other mechanical equipment) and filling in service, repair or vehicle logbook. Reporting to the line manager any problem related to MSF vehicles
- In the case of a breakdown, making a diagnosis, informing the line manager and after approval carrying out any complex / advanced repairs needed.
- Following up the validity of all documents (annual inspections, insurance or any other required documents)
- Assist in the briefing or training of drivers regarding vehicle services and maintenance; how to drive as per the MSF regulations, adapting to road conditions, convoy regulations etc.
- Managing the stock of consumable items, filling in the stock cards, carrying out physical stock inventories, executing orders necessary for renewing stock
- Responsible for the equipment and tools, including extinguishers, checking they are correctly and safely used, maintaining and renewing them when necessary and keeping the inventory updated.
- Ensuring that all records related to maintenance are always completed and preparing needed reports before and after any repair or maintenance.
- Responsible for major maintenance of the mission generators as outlined in the mission energy policy
- Make internal request to supervisor for parts needed for service and repairs of vehicles, generator and other motorized equipment
- Responsible for training the field generator operators and field mechanics on basic maintenance
- Support the team involved on the efficient use of the service management software
- Participates in monthly intersectional workshop activities reporting
- Make field visits on request or when required to carry out services, minor and major repairs of vehicles and/or motorized engines in the field.
- Education: essentialDiploma in mechanics or related studies.
- Experience: Demonstrable mechanical experience. (Minimum 2 years experience).
- Languages: Fluency in English and Kiswahili
- Competencies: Excellent analytical skills, at ease with figures and data.
How to apply
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Use the emails(s) below to apply