Career Openings at Family Media
Career Openings at Family Media
Family TV is the East and Central Africa’s largest Christian television broadcaster and Kenya’s most watched faith channel. Family TV offers 24 hours of faith and inspirational programming that appeal to people in a wide variety of denominations. Founded in 1999, Family TV (Media) is a leader in Christian entertainment programming and one of the la.
Social Media Coordinator
We are looking for an experienced and creative Social Media Coordinator with understanding of Social Media SEO and web traffic metrics; good understanding of social media KPIs, to join our Digital Media team.
As a Social Media Coordinator, you will be responsible for implementing our Social Media strategy in order to increase our online presence and improve our marketing and engagements efforts. The Social Media coordinator, will contribute to our overall goal of awareness and reputation building through social media.
You will be working closely with the Television, Radio, Marketing and Sales departments.
- 2-3 years
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, and other social media best practices.
- Diploma or Degree in Digital Marketing or similar relevant field.
- Manage and oversee social media content.
- In charge of platforms management, monitoring, issue escalation, content planning and trendspotting.
- Work with producers, presenters, and creative designer to ensure content is informative and appealing.
- Keep abreast of the latest social media best practices and technologies.
- Use social media marketing tools.
- Monitor SEO and user engagement and suggest content optimization.
- Reach audience through email marketing and newsletters.
- Repurposing of content for various digital platforms.
- Respond to questions and comments on the social media platforms
- Manage and operate motion picture cameras to record scenes.
- Prepare and execute shots according to technical aspects to achieve appropriate effects.
- Determine camera placement, composing shots and provide recommendations to the team.
- Perform tests and clean equipment to ensure they work properly.
- Collaborate with directors, sound and lighting technicians, producers for the assignments and determine recording sequences.
- Manage and observe sets or locations for any issues and establish appropriate filming and lighting for camera.
- Implement all quality checks related to effective maintenance of camera.
- Ensure effective access to anchor microphone and manage all communication information host and control room.
- Operate studio equipment such as video and audio switchers.
- Direct studio and on-location productions.
- Maintain all areas related to studio and prop room.
- Have a Degree or Diploma in Mass Communication or in a related field
- Have at least 2 years’ experience in video camera work
- Be a team player
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and deliver results on time
- Have a passion for media work
- Must be a person of integrity, self-driven and passionate
Radio Broadcast Assistant
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for the station’s imaging
- Checking if the equipment is in good condition.
- Live assist for live shows
- Download and edit shows
- Editing TV Voiceovers and different programs
- Cutting adverts and mentions immediately after shows
- Responsible for monitoring the signal and ensuring we are on air at all times in all our frequencies.
- Responsible for all technical aspects of the department
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Must have strong organisational skills.
- Knowledge of the Radio market, different station and programme styles, and audience demographics.
- Good knowledge and good ear for sound, music genres, artists and updates.
- Knowledge and ability to work with different Radio Automation and editing software’s.
- A high level of IT skills – particularly good word-processing and data handling skills.
- Ability to learn how to use a variety of recording equipment, and to operate different radio studios.
- Ability to conduct effective internet research, use relevant computer software for audio recording, editing, and, packaging when necessary.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Creative thinking, idea generation and problem solving skills.
- Must have confidence and tenacity to pursue information and overcome obstacles.
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a team.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, react quickly, and meet tight deadlines.
- Determination, diplomacy and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Empathy and patience, the ability to build rapport and draw information from people.
- A basic understanding of the law, ethics and industry regulation as they affect Radio production.
- Self-motivation and adaptability.
- At least a Diploma in Mass Media, Radio Production, Journalism or a related field.
- At least two years’ experience in radio production.
- A good overall knowledge of the radio industry and the specifics.
- Ability to read and voice scripts will be an added advantage.
Qualified and interested candidates should email a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17th March 2023 with the job title as the email subject.