Career Jobs at CIHEB
Career Jobs at CIHEB
Ciheb is an international health, education, and research center founded by the Institute of Human Virology within the University of Maryland, Baltimore’s School of Medicine. The center is comprised of a network of international experts who work with local stakeholders to combat infectious and non-communicable diseases in resource-limited regions of the world.
The Biomedical Officer will provide and lead biomedical interventions at the DREAMS ward, including STI screening and syndromic management, HIV testing services, contraceptive method mix, post violence care management, and pre and post exposure prophylaxis, to adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) accessing DREAMS services.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Screen and provide ALL required biomedical intervention/services including STI screening and syndromic management, HIV testing services, contraceptive method mix, Post Rape Care management, PEP, PrEP and other clinical services in the DREAMS clinics.
- Support and track referral completion for male sexual partners linked for required biomedical services including VMMC and HTS.
- Build the knowledge and capacity of ward staff and mentors on HIV prevention, testing, treatment, and other HIV prevention interventions through mentorship, training, and facility level continuous medical education.
- Work with facility staff and community teams to sensitize adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) on available biomedical interventions.
- Conduct site-level support supervision and mentorship to ensure biomedical service interventions are implemented per national standard and quality parameters.
- Lead site level continuous quality improvement (CQI) projects and track performance on digital platform.
- Support access to comprehensive HIV care and treatment for AGYWs who sero-convert while in the DREAMS Program.
- Participate in CHMTs, SCHMTs DREAMS joint planning and data performance review meetings
- Ensure availability of commodities including rapid test kit, PrEP, STI and FP commodities for seamless provision of biomedical interventions.
- Prepare site Biomedical activities reports on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Diploma or Degree in Clinical medicine or Nursing
- Registered by Clinical officers or Nursing council of Kenya
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience working in busy health facility and with AGYWs
- Training in NASCOP certified HIV prevention and STI management
- Skills on youth friendly services
- Strong interpersonal and coordination skills
Skills and Attributes:
- Good Interpersonal / Communication skills
- Good report writing skills
- Results orientated
- Good Leadership skills
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Motivation and Innovation
- Relevant computer skills
PMTCT Improvement Specialist
The overall function of this position is to ensure that pregnant and breastfeeding women and their infants receive sustainable, high quality and client focused health services including Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission of HIV (PMTCT), HIV exposed infants (HEI) receive recommended follow up and HIV infected children receive pediatric HIV services as per the Kenya national guidelines.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Organize and oversee capacity building activities for health providers and case managers working within MNCH clinics through trainings and continuous medical education
- Providing supportive supervision, mentorship and on the job training on PMTCT for all the clinical staff at supported health facilities.
- Oversee the rollout of HIS products to enable efficient services at all MCNH clinic in a manner that is sustainable.
- Work to improve patient management through identifying and improving client flow systems, data capture, clinical management, clinical recording, referral to laboratory and pharmacy and preventing loses to follow for pregnant and breastfeeding women and children
- Oversee eligibility testing amongst pregnant and breastfeeding women in supported health facilities in line with the elimination agenda
- Support facilities to ensure good client monitoring and viral suppression among pregnant and breastfeeding women and children up to 9 years old
- Institutionalize continuous quality improvement systems for continuity of care and patient care improvement
- Develop and strengthen adherence and retention innovations and evidence based interventions through staff mentorship and follow-up and document best practices
- Develop and distribute appropriate job aides, educational material, registers and reporting tools for PMTCT, HEI and pediatrics up to 9 years old. to supported health facility staff
- Support collection, collation, and review of critical PMTCT data, indicators and activities on a monthly and quarterly basis detailing proposed objectives and activities for PMTCT/HEI and peadiatrics at supported facilities
- To represent the program in technical working groups and stakeholder meetings at sub-county and county levels
- Evaluate outcomes of PMTCT related activities and shares recommendations for program improvement
- Degree in Nursing, Clinical Medicine required with significant field experience in nursing and/or community-based care of persons living with HIV/AIDS.
- 5 years’ experience providing and/or overseeing PMTCT services at facility and sub-county/County level
- Training in PMTCT/ART
- ToT on PMTCT/ART and related field is an added advantage
- Program management experience in a supervisory.
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to CIHEBKENYA_Recruitment@cihebkenya.org on or before 24th April 2023. Applicants are advised to include the title on the subject line.