Careeer Openings at Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops,
Careeer Openings at Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops
The Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops, a permanent institution, is the assembly of the Catholic Bishops in Kenya united and exercising together their Pastoral offices over Christ’s faithful, as shepherds of the Catholic Church in Kenya which they together promote by forms and means of Apostolate suitable to the circumstances of place and time,
- Open Jobs
National Executive Secretary; Commission of Education and Religious Education
- Strategic Management of the Commission for Education and Religious Education by ensuring vertical and horizontal integration;
- Sourcing Funding –Drafting of Programmes and Projects Proposals, source funds for approved Programmes and Projects and develop initiatives to facilitate KCCB’s policy advocacy and influence on National thinking on pressing issues in the Commission’s focus areas;
- Policy implementation-draft work plans, facilitate training to targeted groups ,develop and sustain strong networks of Diocesan Coordinators and other significant stakeholders, facilitate optimal staff performance;
- Preparing, presenting and submitting reports as required by different and significant stakeholders including maintaining a comprehensive database on advocacy services and appropriate technical information pertaining to the Commission;
- Ensure vertical and horizontal integration of cross-cutting teams, their purpose and the position’s role;
- Preparing, presenting and submitting quarterly reports to external stakeholders and the General Secretary and Annual Status Reports for Strategic Planning;
- Ensure Revenue/Profitability Impact by putting in place processes and controls to control expenses, adhere to the budget lines and where necessary save resources;
- Initiate, grow and sustain excellent external relations with Education and Religious Education Experts/Consultants, Donors and Government Officials;
- Master’s Degree in Business Management/Education Management from a reputable University;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education from a reputable University;
- Attended leadership and Management courses lasting at least two weeks each;
- Teaching experience of twenty years in Public High Schools with twenty years at the position of Senior Principal/Chief Principal in a Provincial / National School(s);
- In the know of the various legislations and Policies governing the Education Sector and other related Sectors in Kenya.
- Awarded for outstanding performance in the Education Sector with the last five (5) years;
- Demonstrate excellent, leadership, Management, Communication, Negotiation and Personal skills;
- Organized and managed an Educational Sector Stakeholders’ Focus Group to meet its identified mid and long Objectives resulting to significant impact to its target group(s);
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, stressful environment and for long hours;
- Embrace technology in the day to day operations;
- Readiness to travel locally and internationally as duty call for;
- Diploma in any Management course will be an advantage
How to apply:
Applications for the position of Head of Department, Catholic Justice and Peace Department should be submitted through email address ; email@example.com
Project Officer –Tvet
- Drawing Annual Work/Activity Plans and Log frames for the project he/she is in charge of.
- Custodian and overseer of project annual plans and other project documentation.
- Undertaking project implementation site support supervision visits as scheduled and generating progress implementation reports.
- Analyze diocesan project data reports, develop and present quality and timely reports to donors and other stakeholders.
- Ensure proper utilization of project and organizational funds.
- Participate in Education proposal writing processes including concept writing, budgeting and work plans creation.
- Coordination of the Catholic TVET Network to enhance the TVET institutions capacity and operations in the TVET sector through organized workshops.
- Collaborating with the members of staff in the Commission to ensure that all project components of are implemented in compliance with KCCB-General Secretariat policies.
- Participate in organizing of National, Arch/Diocesan Education related meetings.
- Should be ready to give support to any other project implemented by the Commission and or any other related duty assigned
- A Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Education, Social Sciences from a recognized university with a bias in TVET.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in project management role.
- Good writing and verbal communication skills.
- Good program leadership and communication skills.
- Innovative and self-driven.
- Good organizational and reporting skills.
- Ability to communicate and interact at all levels both internally & external organization.
- Flexible, professional with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities with demanding deadlines.
How to apply:
ALL applications for the position of Project Officer, TVET should be submitted through email address; firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of Department, Catholic Justice and Peace Department
- Oversee Program Management by leading on the design, strategy, program development and implementation in light of sound management practices and KCCB’s policies;
- Partnership Development, Management, Growing and Maintenance;
- Develop Monitoring and Evaluation framework and key performance indicators and ensure its implementation;
- Mobilize Resources for the implementation of identified and approved programs;
- Develop, implement, monitor and evaluate Department’s annual budgets and forecasting in furtherance of CJPD’s Projects implementation;
- Execute People Management within Department ,KCCB- General Secretariat, Dioceses,Institutions and beyond;
- Ensure continuous and timeliness communication within and without the Department; and
- Any other responsibility as assigned by the National Executive Secretary for the Commission for Promoting of Integral Human Development and the General Secretary.
- Master’s Degree in Political Science/Sociology/Project Management or equivalent;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences;
- Ten years’ Minimum experience in Donor/Sponsor programs( both local and international) implementation in matters of Justice and Peace with at least five (5) years serving in Senior Management position;
- Proposal writing and resource mobilization skills;
- Leadership and Management courses;
- Good Donor and Partner Relations
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Excellent understanding of the Social Teaching and Values of the Catholic Church
- Analytical and conceptual skills
- Management and Administration skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Integrity with high degree of stewardship of resources
- Ms Word, Ms Exel and Ms Power Point skills;
- Ability to organize and manage Justice and Peace Stakeholders’ Focus Groups to meet identified immediate, mid and long term Objectives resulting to significant impact;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision,fast paced environment and for long hours;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Embrace technology in the day to day operations;
- Readiness to travel locally and sometimes internationally as duty call for;
- Diploma in any Justice & Peace course will be an advantage
How to apply:
- Applications for the position of Head of Department, Catholic Justice and Peace Department should be submitted through email address ; email@example.com
How to apply
Use the emails(s) below to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply for the above mentioned position.
Candidates are expected to fill in the attached form and submit it together with their application letters, updated CVs and copies of Certificates by email as shown below:
ALL Applications should reach the Office of the General Secretary on or before 24th March 2023
N/B: No hard copies will be accepted
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted