Britam Job Vacancies
Britam Job Vacancies
Britam is a leading diversified financial services group, listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange. The group has interests across the Eastern and Southern Africa region, with operations in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan, Mozambique and Malawi. The group offers a wide range of financial products and services in Insurance, Asset management,
Regional Recruitment & Training Officer
- Reporting to the Head of Sales Recruitment & Training with a dotted reporting line to the respective Regional Manager, the job holder will be responsible for ensuring that the Company’s Recruitment and Sales training objectives for the Financial Advisor Network in the assigned region are attained through existing and new training programs.
- The job holder will also ensure that the Company’s production, persistence and recruitment objectives for the Branch Network are attained.
- Follow up on recruit leads per manager in the branch – weekly report of number of recruitment leads generated per manager. Recruitment pipeline report.
- Follow up on New FA creation – weekly report of number of new FA’s created per manager ready for staff change and pending business for staff change.
- Conversion rate report – Monthly report of number of recruits created/trained vs the number successfully staff changed including report on UM’s conducting field training.
- Follow up on recruitment leads sent from HQ for FA’s and UM’s – Monthly report of engaged recruits and those successfully interviewed (UM) and invited for training (FA).
- New FA Training week monitoring and engagement – Monthly report of new FA training week attendance, Unit manager engagement. RTO will also assist train specific topics.
- Segment training on selected topics – RTO will assist train primarily the sales agent segment which is the entry level segment on sales cycle, simple products and processes.
- Generate monthly training reports and other managerial reports.
- Coordinate COP training for financial advisors to drive compliance and enhance retention.
- Compile and maintain a training calendar and ensure all branches adhere to it.
- Organize and conduct instructional and motivational presentations in branches, in-house training sessions and financial advisors training seminars.
- Enhance use of technology in training, evaluation and certification of the sales force.
Key Performance Measures:
- Recruitment target achievement.
- Blue Eagles Program segment target achievement – Number of blue eagles per segment.
- Successfully rolled out training programs.
- New FA Compliance.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required:
- Diploma in a business related field preferred. Bachelor’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- 1-2 years’ experience in insurance/banking/financial services.
- COP compliance is a must requirement.
- Professional qualification in Insurance (ACII, FLMI or AIIK) will be an added advantage.
- Experience within the Life Agency/Business especially with people management will be an added advantage.
- Ability to develop and maintain networking relationships.
- Leadership category responsibility framework (Core Competencies):
Emerging Leaders in Britam need to:
- Plan, direct and apply efficiencies and resources in order to optimize output and profitability against time, cost and team targets.
- Effectively communicate strategic and operational departmental goals and objectives to peers and others in order to ensure proper implementation.
- Ensure that department priorities are adhered to and effectively communicated.
- Ensure competent and effective people resources through appropriate coaching, development and people supervision as appropriate.
- Embody a high performance, proactive culture.
- Effectively ensure the adherence to key performance areas, deadlines and goals in order to optimize operational effectiveness.
- Effectively communicate resource needs, possible opportunities and achievements to management in order to aid them in their decision-making.
- Effectively set and monitor priorities and objectives for more junior staff.
- Understand and communicate objectives in relation to the larger organizational impact.
- Effectively disseminate knowledge within the correct context, towards subordinates as well as management.
- Appropriately model the company values while setting the pace and energy for delivering.
- Effectively manage and communicate change within the department in order to increase staff and process effectiveness.
- Provide access to accurate and consistent information and services across all channels.
- Ensure a seamless experience for clients.
- Improve service delivery for clients.
- Engage in continuous brand building to become the trusted partners to clients.
Branch Manager, Eldoret
- The role holder will be responsible for providing overall leadership to all Financial Advisors and Units in the branch in delivering set production targets in Ordinary Life and all other lines of business while ensuring the unit managers meet their targets across all Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Quality recruitment, selection and retention of productive Unit Managers and financial advisors.
- Sales planning that achieves production targets in Ordinary Life and other lines of business.
- Meeting the set persistency levels of life business and retention targets for other lines of business.
- Performance management and supervision to drive and meet targets across all product lines.
- Provide one-to-one coaching, mentoring and motivation to members of their teams and ensure that they effectively implement strategies and agreed action plans.
- Selling of Life Products and other company products as targets prescribe.
- Conducting trainings on company products, processes, sales and soft skills to achieve results.
- Market segmentation and opening of markets for financial advisors to secure business.
- Relationship management and providing effective customer service to both prospective and existing customers.
- Preparing sales and other management reports as required from time to time.
- Manage the branch office and branch staff as per the company and HR policies and procedures.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Management.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- A business related degree is a minimum requirement.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Life Insurance. Branch and Unit Management added advantage.
- Relevant professional qualifications in COP. However, certification or proof of study in ACII.
- Accountable to the regional manager and the Head of FA Network.
- Required to liaise and work closely with the other departments such as Recruitment and Training, FA
- Administration, Business Development Managers, CSE’s.
- Britam customers, Insurance sector players
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.