Bookkeeper at Grounded
Bookkeeper at Grounded
Grounded is both a women- and family-run business. Our goal is to create healthy, sustainable homes through safer, eco-friendly products. Made in Kenya.
- Gather and verify invoices for appropriate documentation prior to payment for walk-in customers, consignment customers, household & website orders, and internal procurement requests.
- Managing Consignment customers and Suppliers
- Receiving payments through various channels such as KopoKopo, MPESA till, etc.
- Maintain accounts receivable records to ensure aging is up to date, credits and collections are applied, uncollectible amounts are accounted for, and miscellaneous differences are cleared.
- Monitor and collect accounts receivable by contacting clients via telephone, email, and mail
- Prepare analytical and ratio analyses relevant to A/R so management can gain a better understanding of how collection efforts are progressing.
- Support other accounting and finance team members, inventory management, and cost accounting.
- 1+ years of experience in finance or accounting, preferably in retail, distribution, or manufacturing
- CPA – K or ACCA finalist. Bachelor’s degree is an added advantage
- Comprehensive knowledge of at least one accounting software, preferably Zoho
- Strong commercial mindset, able to use financial data to help solve problems and improve business performance
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and build strong working relationships.
- Ability to use Excel to extract data from the accounting system and present the results in an informative and insightful manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial Self-Starter – thrives in a fast-moving environment and is capable of independently seeking information, marshaling resources, and delivering results without waiting for direction (Get Stuff Done).
- Highly organized – can use tools systematically, and accurately. Can track open action items and tasks and stick to deadlines.
- Proactive communicator – pushing updates to team member’s needs, and clearly outlining plans and decision points. Using correct communications mediums (WhatsApp, phone call, email, task software)
- Problem Solver – proactively identifying issues or challenges, and quickly developing potential solutions to drive decision-making.
- Team Player – Needs to effectively work with all department heads to ensure smooth operations.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Grounded on airtable.com to apply