Associate Administrative Officer, P2 at UN-Habitat
Human Resource Management.
- Undertakes actions related to the administration of the unit¿s human resource activities, e.g., recruitment, placement, promotion, performance appraisal, job classification reviews, separation of staff members, training etc., ensuring consistency in the application of UN rules and procedures.
- Provides information regarding conditions of service, duties and responsibilities, and privileges and entitlements under the Staff Rules and Regulations.
- Provides information on units staffing needs for inclusion in departments staffing table.
- Assists in developing the units work program and budget; analyses inputs and formulates resource allocations by work program, or business processes.
- Monitors budget/work program with respect to Headquarters, budget, trust funds and grants, on a regular basis, and reallocates resources as necessary.
- Supports the implementation of procedures and systems for implementing the appropriate financial database.
- Contributes to the development of budgetary guidelines for own unit.
- Supervises support staff as required.
- Performs other related administrative duties, as required (e.g., operational travel programme, monitoring accounts and payment to vendors and individual contractors for services, physical space planning and the identification of office technology needs and maintenance of equipment, software and systems).
- Works with key partners to facilitate the development, implementation, and evaluation of the WUF including assigned projects and initiatives. monitors and analyzes specific aspects of programme/project development and implementation; reviews relevant documents and reports; identifies problems and issues to be addressed and recommends corrective actions; liaises with relevant parties; identifies and tracks follow-up actions.
- Carries out basic research on selected aspects of programmes, operations, and other activities, etc., to include collecting, analyzing and presenting statistical data and other information gathered from diverse sources
- Coordinates activities related to budget funding (programme/project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements, etc.) and preparation of related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget, etc.).
- Contributes to the collection and analysis of data as well as identification of trends or patterns and provides draft insights through graphs, charts, tables and reports using data visualization methods for data-driven planning, decision-making, presentation and reporting.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of administrative, budgetary, financial and human resources policies and procedures. Ability to apply various United Nations administrative rules and regulations in work situations. Conceptual analytical and evaluative skills to conduct independent research and analysis. Ability to identify issues, formulate opinions, make conclusions and recommendations. The ability to analyze and interpret data in support of decision-making and convey resulting information to management. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- PLANNING AND ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in in business administration, finance, accounting, human resources, law or related fields is required. A first-level university degree in combination with (2) additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is desirable.
- A minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in administration, finance, accounting, human resources management or related area is required.
- Experience in planning and facilitating workshops, seminars and other meetings in collaboration with the partners through other interactive sessions and assisting in developing the action plan is required.
- Knowledge of UN-Habitat processes and policies on stakeholder engagement is desirable.
- One (1) year or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.