Amref Kenya Announces Job Opportnities; How to Apply
Amref Kenya Announces Job Opportnities; How to Apply
Amref Health Africa in Kenya is the country programme office of Amref Health Africa, Africa’s largest International Health NGO. This is the largest and oldest country programme in Africa with an average annual budget of USD 40million. We have 19 innovative products and project models that have successfully been implemented and transformed 5.4
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
Senior Finance Analyst
The position has dual reporting relationships, reporting to the Global Fundraising Director at the Global Fundraising Development Office and the Head of Finance Group Reporting, based in Nairobi. Amref Health Africa Headquarters will be making investments to improve the fundraising capacity of the fundraising offices, and the Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for providing financial oversight in managing the investment outflows and setting up structures that will oversee reporting on the investments made in Amref Health Africa’s European and North American offices. In the GFDO, the jobholder will oversee day-to-day financial operations, provide financial and management support in budgeting, reporting, ensure appropriate internal control systems and review financial accounting and bookkeeping systems to ensure effective performance of financial operations. The Senior Financial Analyst will also be working with the Head of Finance Group Reporting for approximately fifty percent of his/ her time, to provide reporting oversight to the Group’s treasury functions and strengthening financial reporting across the Group. The position will require close working and collaboration with Finance Managers in Europe, North America, and African countries to effectively deliver on the job’s requirements
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES KEY AREA ACTIVITIES
- Lead in developing financial modelling tool to be used by investment countries in analyzing individual giving returns.
- Support management in evaluating investment cases to determine the investment plan and forecasting of the cash requirements.
- Oversee the development/improvement of appropriate reporting tools in Microsoft Dynamics CRM that will optimize reporting of individual giving.
- Prepare quarterly financial reports for the GFDO.
- Support strategic deal shaping by modelling the investment proposals of the various campaigns.
Financial Reporting and Audits.
- Prepare statutory financial statements in-line with International Accounting Standards & IFRS.
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of monthly management reports to GFDO’s management.
- Offer financial reporting leadership for individual giving investment.
- Oversee preparation and submission of timely and accurate financial reports to stakeholders.
- Ensure that the GFDO management is regularly updated with financial information necessary for them to effectively oversee the GFDO operations.
- Oversee institutional audit of GFDO operations.
- In coordination with the Amref Group Internal Audit function and Compliance units, implement and adjust financial controls to mitigate against financial and compliance risks.
- Ensure GFDO staff and business processes are operating within the established internal control environment.
- Set systems and controls to manage revenue, expense and margin for each deal and contract.
- Implement controls to prevent project overspends.
Leadership and Decision Making
- Use data to determine which of GFDO’s investment strategies provide for the largest risk-adjusted margin contribution and advise management on how to improve performance, minimise risk and capitalise on new opportunities.
- Assist in the development and analyse investment models.
- Prepare investment reports and give recommendations to support the GFDO management in decision-making.
- Assist the GFDO and Amref Health Africa in coming up with a financing strategy for investment proposals.
Supporting in investment decisions
- Support in analyzing business cases to inform investments
- Primary gatekeeper for GFDO investments.
- Ensure that investment proposals and work plans are appropriately costed.
Budgeting and Financial Forecasting
- Timely preparation of GFDO annual budgets for Board approval.
- Support management and Board in reviewing investment proposals.
- Conduct investment-return analysis for investment proposals through examining market and financial forecasts, and assumptions to make recommendations and guide executive decision-making.
- Adapt/develop high quality, forecasting models, and tools to be used by the Northern offices in analysing their proposals
- Adapt/develop GFDO’s Business Intelligence tool (Power BI) and the Business Planning tool to produce actionable reports and insights on the investment model.
- Support Northern offices in developing long-term financial forecasting models in their investment proposals.
General Ledger Integrity
- Ensure up to date and accurate posting of financial data into the ledger.
- Conduct periodic reviews and correct any anomalies in GFDO’s ledger.
- Ensure appropriate ledger reconciliations are maintained as per policy.
- Oversee day-to day financial operations of GFDO.
- Support the offices in the Global North in setting up reporting systems and offer peer handholding.
- Develop and improve existing systems and policies.
- Ensure contractual requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Manage internal and external customers.
- Execute plans designed to meet company goals by changing policies and coaching employees.
- Approve financial expenditure and other obligations as per set approval matrix.
Group Treasury management
- Support in analyzing treasury transactions across the Group and provide guidance to the team on how best to manage operations to reduce foreign exchange exposure.
- Collating input from country offices and preparation of group cashflow forecast to help manage organizational cash.
- Support in monitoring and timely clearance of bank reconciling items across the Group.
Group reporting roles
- Support the Group reporting function with analyzing of expenditure trends across the NGO programmes.
- Support in analyzing trends in Social Enterprises and development of longer term forecasting models.
- Support with Group budgeting process and development/improvement of budgeting tools.
- Support in reviewing and quality assurance of Country Office and Social Enterprise budgets.
Education & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting, or business-related field.
- Master’s degree in a business-related field will be an added advantage.
- CPA(K) or its equivalent.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Financial Analyst.
- Must have experience in financial modelling and analysis with MS Excel and can perform complex functions.
- Experience with numbers and can provide quick, insightful analyses of the stories behind the numbers.
- Experience in managing complex projects.
- Strong financial analysis and accounting skills; including oversight of general ledger reporting, cash flow management and capital planning.
- Good analytical skills; including proficiency in Excel – Pivot Tables, Scenario Modelling, Sensitivity Analysis.
- Proficiency in ICT and Accounting packages.
- Strong Negotiation skills.
- Excellent Presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- High level of integrity.
- Analytical and a critical thinker.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set.
- Team player.
- Attention to detail
- Solution oriented with problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and take full accountability.
Closing Date: 26 April 2023
Talent, Learning and Development Officer
Reporting to the Head of Talent, the Talent Learning & Development Officer will provide expertise and support in the design, development and implementation of the Global Talent, Learning and Development initiatives; encompassing leadership development, learning and training programs.
- Global Talent, Learning and Development programmes implementation: Under guidance of the Head of Talent, support development and implementation of the global and regional Talent, L&D initiatives.
- Learning needs: Understand, assess and report Countries/Programmes/Units/Functions learning needs and priorities, based on the organizational and people strategies.
- L&D solutions: Support in the identification, design and implementation of solutions and interventions to learning needs. Ensure consistent, effective design and implementation of training programs and materials aligned to the organizational mission and core values.
- Talent and learning data: Collect, analyse and maintain data gathered to inform targeted leadership development.
- Organizational needs and learning impact: Proactively provide input and continuous feedback to the Head of Talent about: 1) Organizational needs and development priorities; 2) impact of the L&D within the countries by leveraging analytics.
- Resourcing and on-boarding: Support Talent Acquisition in the delivery of local induction and onboarding programs.
- Budget: Provide support in preparation and consolidation of Talent, Learning and Development budgets for headquarters and countries.
- Development partnership: Apply coaching principles and concept in engaging and supporting stakeholders in the process of building and execution of the people development plans.
- Career development programs: Support execution of employee promotion and career-pathing initiatives. Assess mobility opportunities and facilitate the implementation of the staff mobility programme between Amref offices.
- Networking and sharing: Be part of the L&D community, actively collaborating with ideas on new solutions, external benchmarks and learning technologies.
- Performance management: Provide support and advice to staff and managers in the overall process, including organizing for sessions to ensure the process is well understood; Review the performance appraisal and advise the Head of Talent on performance-related issues.
- Succession planning: In liaison with the Head of Talent and line managers, build suggested career paths for staff; with related suggested learning and development activities to nurture the retention of our talents.
- Continuous improvement: Refine existing systems and processes, and set up new processes as required
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Education and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Learning & Development or closely related field
- Recognized professional membership with IHRM or any other reputable organization
- Certification in Coaching is an added advantage
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in HR and leadership development
- Experience in a fast-paced, complex and matrix organization
- Experience in the use of Learning Management Systems – requirements gathering, implementation and management
- In-depth knowledge of learning and development principles and practises
- Exposure to leadership development principles and practise
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Familiarity with e-learning platforms and practices
- Demonstrable commitment to the promotion of diversity
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous personal development, excellence and impact
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills with a range of audiences and levels of experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects to ensure on-time delivery and quality using both internal and external resources
- Ability to build good relationships and partnerships
- Ability to make logical, well-balanced and reasoned decisions
- Ability to proactively develop team dynamics and performance, ensuring quality standards are consistently achieved.
- Flexible and pragmatic with the ability to deal with ambiguity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Emotional resilience
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Energy, enthusiasm and confidence
- Willingness to work flexibly and travel as and when required
- Committed to people development and the organisational values and behaviours that underpins the Amref culture
Closing Date: 21 April 2023
Project Officer – Policy and Governance
The Policy and Governance Specialist with be responsible for the development and operationalization of 100% WASH Program’s Policy and Governance Strategy, especially targeting rural water governance. S/he will have a key role in liaising and collaborating with internal and external partners, including the target Narok county government, relevant water utilities, water sector institutions, water users’ associations, communities and private sector actors. S/he will support the development of the necessary legislation & policy framework, steer policy dialogue that stimulates enabling environment & investments for expanding water services at the County level; and develop sustainability strategies for the community managed water schemes
- Conduct a landscape assessment of county WASH policies and legislation for the sector and recommend improvements by designing and leading strategies to strengthen the capacity of Narok county government on the established gaps.
- Support in budget tracking and investment planning to influence budgetary allocations towards rural community managed water schemes/services.
- Support Narok County develop/refine their water policies & legislation to ensure proper enabling environment.
- Support policy, stakeholder and community dialogue initiatives to enhance participation of right holders in planning and prioritization of WASH investments in Narok West and Transmara West sub-counties in Narok County.
- Support capacity strengthening initiatives in target county governments and communities to enhance accountability and service provision.
- Support the program team in undertaking targeted research to inform evidence-based advocacy.
Education & Experience:
- A degree in Public Policy and Administration / governance, communication / development studies or other relevant field. Possession of a master’s degree in relevant field will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years’ working experience in policy advocacy & governance in the water sector and good understanding of the water sector institutions & actors in Kenya.
- Experience in analyzing complexity & designing and implementing investment plans, policy, governance and advocacy strategies that respond to the key structural weaknesses standing in the way of universal access to WASH.
- Good written and verbal communication and strong report writing skills
- Strong diplomacy and ability to engage with broad range of stakeholders at local and national levels
- Strong relationship management skills, with the ability to engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
Closing Date: 25 April 2023
Biomedical Engineer Associate
The Biomedical Engineer Associate will support contract management and reporting the oxygen infrastructure works. He/she will support Project Management Team (PMT) and serve as secretariat member of PMT.
- Bio-Medical Engineering Associate is responsible for ensuring tracking and managing contracts, processing of payments in close consultation with finance and procurement.
- Keep records and documentation of the implementation.
- Attend and verify adequate installation requirements and compliance of contractors with the project contract requirements for the project.
- Keep records of all job cards, PPM schedules and tasks as performed.
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives within the department and provide reports as required
- Track project milestones and monitor project progress.
- Any other duty as may be allocated by the supervisor from time to time.
- At least a Diploma in Biomedical Engineering or related discipline from an accredited institution.
- At least Three (3) years of relevant, progressively responsible, professional experience is required.
- Basic knowledge of medical equipment, medical devices, and biomedical engineering is required.
- Hands-on working experience in medical device development, procurement, evaluation, commercialization, or scaling environment, particularly oxygen delivery systems is considered a strong asset.
- Experience in project management.
- Member of an engineering professional society or a regulatory body preferably AMEK
Closing Date: 20 April 2023
Resident Biomedical Engineer
The Bio-Medical Engineer’s specific responsibilities will include supervising contractors’ engineers, review of the technical quality of all deliverables and providing effective communications and technical guidance during the implementation phase. The Resident BME will work with a Project Management Team (PMT) and serve as a member of PMT.
- Provide technical project supervision of the oxygen supply implementation project covering Bulk VIE cryogenic liquid VIE tanks, PSA generators and their reticulation systems including manifold and piping facilities.
- Provide technical support to the PMT and Counties in supervising the oxygen infrastructure works.
- Supervise biomedical engineers and consultants assigned to the project.
- Review the project schedule, and coordinate and monitor the project’s progress, and challenge below par performance of any contractor.
- Coordinate activities and resolve issues among contractors and other parties to allow construction activities to progress according to plan and finalize project completion.
- Review and resolve day to day contractors’ claims and complaints related to the assigned project work during construction and ensure HSE compliance.
- Ensure compliance with company and statutory standards, procedures, policies, and agreed work specifications.
- Attend and verify adequate installation requirements and compliance with contractors for the project.
- Keep records of all job cards, PPM schedules and tasks as performed.
- Ensure tidiness and safety of workstations and sites within the hospital.
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives within the department and provide reports as required.
- Any other duty as may be allocated by the supervisor from time to time.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Biomedical Engineering or a related discipline from an accredited University.
- Member of an engineering professional society or a regulatory body preferably the Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK) with Association of Medical Engineering of Kenya (AMEK) membership as an advantage
- Minimum 5 years of relevant, progressively responsible, professional experience is required
- Specialist knowledge of medical equipment, medical devices, and biomedical engineering is required.
- Experience in leading teams and supervising to completion of multiple projects in medical device development, procurement, evaluation, commercialization, or scaling environment, particularly oxygen delivery systems considered a strong asset.
- Experience in producing detailed technical guidance for use of medical devices is considered a strong asset.
Skills and Competencies
- High level of analytical and reporting skills.
- Understanding of technologies in areas of oxygen delivery systems.
- Oxygen Piping Assessment/Audit of the facilities Report writing.
- Oxygen Piping Design, installation and commissioning Report (should include consideration for appropriate pipes, valves, alarm panel, manifold and isolation values) etc.
- Excellent communicator of verbal and written concepts to an international audience.
- Able to quickly understand instructions, to proactively seek clarification when needed.
- Able to work well in a team environment.
- Able to work independently and problem-solving oriented.
- Able to work in a multicultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships.
- Demonstrated communication and relationship-building skills.
- Proven capacity to work with collaborative teams across different locations and with different technical skills.
Closing Date: 20 April 2023
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist is responsible for leading the design and implementation of the program monitoring and evaluation framework and information system to track delivery against targets, outcomes and impacts. The MEL leads the analysis of data collected for assessment of progress and areas of improvement and overall data management. S/he guides reporting processes amongst technical staff and consolidates program reports, and promotes learning and knowledge sharing of best practices and lessons learned. S/he supports all the technical staff in MEL functions and manages MEL related staff in the program
Required Qualifications and Experience
- At least a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline, such as mathematics, statistics, informatics, or a related field with knowledge/skills of Geographical Information Systems and information technology.
- At least Seven (7) years of experience implementing monitoring and evaluating activities for complex programs in developing countries in collaboration with partners such as the Government Ministry of Health Department and systems.
- Demonstrated experience in providing technical support, setting up and managing M&E systems that track performance as per the objectives of this activity (e.g. service integration and performance against each result area) and in the application of statistical methods and database management.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders and familiarity with USAID and PEPFAR indicators and reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated expertise in rigorous quantitative and qualitative research and analytical methods including research/study design and implementation, design and data analysis, rapid appraisals, etc.
- Experience and understanding of Government of Kenya health system with proficiency in DHIS2 is desired.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated analytical skills to measure the outcomes of the project’s activities and support project supervision.
- Experienced and proficient in writing reports for monitoring and reporting on project outcomes and impacts, including performance monitoring plans for external audiences, and manuscripts for publication.
- Ability to work in a complex project implementation environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Demonstrated excellent management skills and ability to lead and motivate multidisciplinary and multicultural teams.
- Ability to take initiative, solve complex problems, exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to interact skillfully and diplomatically with numerous counterparts, including donors, Ministry of Health officials, local partners and other NGO’s
Closing Date: 27 April 2023
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.