Admissions Clerks – 3 Positions at Avenue Healthcare,
Admissions Clerks – 3 Positions at Avenue Healthcare
Avenue Hospital was founded in 1995 for the purpose of managing the outpatient department at the Hospital, and to extend medical services to corporate clientele through an innovative concept of Managed Healthcare.
Admissions/Authorization Clerks – 3 Positions
To ensure smooth transition from the Outpatient Department to the Wards by helping patients check in and filing their medical information with the hospital and all pre-admission related tasks.
- Pre-admits patients by receiving bookings from physicians, pre- paid accounts, insurance and direct accounts.
- Confirming admitting privileges of physicians; interviewing patients; entering patient information to pre-admissions database.
- Greets and receives patients to be admitted by conducting personal interviews; entering demographic and insurance information, confirming pre-admission information; obtaining signatures on legal consents and insurance forms; making sure payment is done for cash paying and proper storage of patient valuables.
- Have sufficient knowledge or access to knowledge to provide correct information with regard to estimated surgical and admission fees, excesses or co-payments on individual policies or individual procedures.
- Provides patients with information by explaining hospital admission policies, patient rights, room selection, NHIF Benefits and any other related inquiries.
- Explains hospital regulations, such as visiting hours, payment of accounts, and schedule of charges.
- Secures payments by screening insurance information; identifying patients requiring pre-admission approvals from third-party payers’ i.e insurance, direct companies and pre-paid accounts, verifying approvals; notifying accounts department of self-paying admissions. Ensure the LOUs are received prior admission for insurance patients and deposits for cash payments are made.
- Prepares admission folders by gathering admission paperwork for scheduled patients. Prepare admission related paperwork accurately to ensure timely admission process.
- Arrange for patient placements, bed assignments, patient escort, and patient transfer activities after receiving the admission requests.
- Ensures patient’s arrival to hospital room by assigning patient beds; notifying nursing unit of patient’s arrival; calling nursing care to transport the patient to the assigned area.
- Verifies patient identify by checking identification; preparing and placing/ensuring placement of the identification band on patient.
- Admits emergency/procedure room and maternity patients by obtaining information from family members.
- Communicates and clearly explains delays to the patients in good time.
- Manages complaints in a timely polite & professional manner
- Maintain patient privacy and confidentiality at all times
- Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor in line with the job description
- Diploma/bachelor’s degree in business management
- Diploma/Higher Diploma in Medical Records
- 2+ years’ experience in handling medical records
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- 5. Attention to detail
- Result Oriente
Application documents (CV and Certificates) must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job position you are applying for as the subject of the email by 10 th March 2023.