Job Vacancies at KEMRI: Driver Needed for Medical Research Project in Migori
KEMRI is a national body that conducts health research in Kenya. It was established by the Science, Technology and Innovation Act 2013. KEMRI is looking for a driver who will assist in the implementation of a study in Migori.
As a driver, you will be responsible for:
- Driving the vehicles safely and according to the traffic laws
- Carrying out daily checks on the vehicles and reporting any issues to the supervisors
- Taking the vehicles for servicing and repairs as directed by the supervisors
- Ensuring the security of the vehicles, passengers and cargo
- Maintaining a transport log and submitting reports on vehicle movements and conditions
- Picking up and dropping off the study visitors
To qualify for this position, you need to have:
- An O-Level School Certificate Grade D+ and above
- A valid Driving License class BCE
- A Certificate of Defensive Driving Course
- A Current Certificate of Good Conduct
- A Suitability Test Certificate from Ministry of Roads and Public Works
- At least five years of proven experience in handling manual land cruiser vehicles
- Basic automotive mechanical skills and sound knowledge about vehicles
- Good eyesight; natural or corrected
- Below 45 years of age
You also need to have a Bachelor’s degree in any field.
If you are interested in this job, please apply by Oct 9, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.