6 Jobs at Summit Recruitment and Search
6 Jobs at Summit Recruitment and Search
Summit Recruitment & Search was established in 2009 to address the recruitment, mass recruitment, executive search, outsourcing and training needs of companies based in Kenya or wanting to enter the Kenyan, East African, South African and African market. We have a leading proven track record in our field in South Africa, Uganda, Ethiopia, Tanzania,
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
Head of Centralised Operations
- Provide strategic leadership to the centralized operations function and guide all its activities to support the Bank’s operational excellence, growth strategies and achieve projected business results.
- Supervise all units under centralized operations to drive business value and the achievement of business expectations in line with internal and statutory banking standards.
- Closely direct back-end bank operations and ensure they run efficiently and in accordance with appropriate regulations.
- Optimize cost of operations through centralization of all non-customer facing and non-country specific operational processes and develop processes for cost sharing among business units.
- Work closely with business units to ensure seamless services, identify process weakness, issues resolution, and implement appropriate solutions to improve centralized operations.
- Monitor, report and review levels of service delivery against agreed SLAs.
- Create and maintain procedures for all operations including mapping processes using industry standard BPM conventions.
- Establish Service Level Agreements with business units and regular review mechanisms to drive and monitor performance.
- Oversee the management of critical business relationships, to ensure the protection of the Bank’s business interests and achievement of all service level agreements with suppliers.
- Design and implement the operational risk management framework for the centralized operations function including the development of Key Risk Indicators, thresholds and risk appetite statements.
- Complete a risk and control self-assessment at the frequency required by Operational Risk to regularly review the residual risk in centralized operations.
- Document and maintain a risk register to ensure that the risks associated with the Bank’s operational activities are acceptable and well mitigated.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (essential)
- Masters degree in a relevant field (desirable)
- Relevant professional qualification (desirable)
- Member of a relevant professional body (desirable)
- Ten years overall experience with at least five years in Operations management (essential)
- Qualification in process engineering such as lean or six-sigma (desirable)
- Strong leadership skills gained through significant experience of operating in senior management roles within the Kenyan banking and financial sector.
- Detailed knowledge of Kenya banking and financial sector regulations
- Strong experience of working in Operations, understanding key drivers for efficiency including cycle time, turnaround time, unit cost, volume, capacity planning, demand management, shift utilisation
- Advanced collaboration and stakeholder management abilities with strong interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of the operational drivers behind what drives great customer experience.
- Proven track record of delivering step change to customer experience in complex and regulated financial industry.
- Experienced in best practice change management and can demonstrate improvements on the back of implementation.
- Strong communication and motivational skills
- Experience of working in multiple complex business environments and understanding business plans, cost to serve models and service excellence tools.
- Experience of leading through major transformational customer programmes
Central Stores & Logistics Function Leader
- Approve LPOs, Delivery Notes, Goods Received Notes & associated procurement documentation within approval limits in liaison with the finance function
- Ensure all PLC transactions are duly authorized, accurately valued, timely recorded and appropriately classified in the accounts payable as well as related inventory system ledgers
- Approve and manage the procurement, logistics & custody petty cash float receipt(s) & spend
- Monitor vendor performance to ensure consistent service output
- Oversee resolution of vendor grievances & disputes
- Conduct weekly stores function meetings with staff to assess risk, review future strategies, and identify potential cost avoidance and improvement opportunities
- Strategically plan, lead and direct the execution of logistics (site-logistics / in & outbound) to effectively coordinate orders received & subsequently dispatched
- Review material forecasts prepared for all the units for reasonableness on a monthly basis; ensure inventory requisitioned is in tandem with prevailing occupancy & seasonality
- Maintain liaison with lodge managers and department HoDs to ensure their requirements are timely met
- Approve transfer-out delivery notes to ensure that all items dispatched to the lodges are timely posted in the system; further ensure that all goods-in-transit transactions are timely terminated & posted to the destination unit store with minimal queries/ supply disputes
- Manage, assign and monitor logistics vehicles, including adherence to maintenance & service schedules, ensuring all logistics vehicles have all requisite (valid) licences & permits
- Ensure all store & warehouse locations are securely maintained with inventory items stored & arranged in a structured, systematic & accessible manner; adhering to all health & safety policies and procedures
- Establish Minimum & Maximum Stock Holding levels, Lead Times and Safety/Buffer Stocks; determine optimal inventory levels to meet unexpected demand, including unusual seasonal/ occupancy variations
- Determine (with sufficient accuracy) ROL (Reorder or Par Levels), ROQ’s (Reorder Quantities); ensure metrics relating to re-order quantities are analysed and reported periodically to observe variation trends
- Ensure proper function ability of cold rooms, weighing scales (and their periodic certification), trolleys and lifting equipment
- Planning and organizing personnel rotation and annual leave schedules for central stores staff
- Ensure that the central store(s) & inventory warehouse(s) operate with up-to-date requisite valid licenses & permits; in compliance with prevailing local county laws & regulations
- Prepare a monthly delivery service level report, (with rejection analysis information) containing all aspects of vendor performance, such as timely delivery, price, quantity, quality variations & expiry date profile(s)
- Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing and Supplies Management from a recognized university
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supplies (CIPS)
- Accounting qualifications & experience will be an added advantage
- Minimum Ten (10) years’ work experience in a procurement position that includes management of the supply chain, logistics, inventory & storage facilities, preferably within a hospitality group setting
- In-depth knowledge of hospitality industry procurement, logistics & inventory management practices, standards, rules and regulations is greatly preferred
- Experience in procuring OS&E, FF&E & high-value maintenance materials will be advantageous
- Experience with Central warehousing and distribution
- Experience with Inventory Management Systems or ERPs with knowledge of system supply chain management
- Excellent communication, leadership, negotiation, analytical and report writing skills
- Excellent computer skills (Stock & inventory control systems, MS Office & Google Suite applications)
- Maturity, confidentiality, impartiality and trustworthiness; high level of ethics & integrity.
- Possess personal drive, initiative and professional approach to efficient & effective resource management
Waste Manager (Agri)
- Develop and implement waste management plans that ensure compliance with NEMA regulations and minimize environmental impact.
- Conduct research and analysis to identify new waste management technologies and processes.
- Oversee handling, transportation, and disposal of all waste generated by the company, including general farm waste, guts, and scales.
- Develop and maintain relationships with waste management vendors and suppliers.
- Identify opportunities to create value from waste streams, such as recycling or repurposing waste materials.
- Manage the hydrolase process with a structured scientific approach to identify the optimal solution.
- Ensure that all waste management processes and procedures comply with company policies and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology, or a related field.
- Must have a minimum of 7+ years of experience in waste management or related field.
- Relevant experience with hydrolase processes and other waste management / treatment technologies preferred.
- Must have knowledge of NEMA and other local regulations related to waste management.
- Should have Certifications in waste management, hazardous or otherwise.
Senior Operations Manager (Agri)
- Oversee our day-to-day processing operations, ensuring that processing operations are running efficiently and effectively.
- Develop and implement strategies to improve operational efficiency and productivity by developing new processes or procedures, identifying, and resolving operational issues, and implementing quality control measures.
- Work together with the Quality Control team to ensure all QMS processes and SOPs are tracked.
- Set and monitor processing KPIs and make necessary adjustments to ensure that these KPIs are met or exceeded.
- Collaborate with other departments such as production to ensure logistics operations are aligned with the overall goals and objectives of the organization.
- Develop and implement strategies to optimize warehouse operations, improve inventory management, and minimize costs.
- Oversee development and implementation of EHS policies and procedures including risk assessments, incident reporting, and emergency response plans.
- Oversee management of resources such as staff, equipment, boats and items in the farm and warehouse.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree.
- Must have management experience.
- Must have a minimum of 10+ years of experience in managing operations, logistics, and supply chain functions within an organization.
- Must have Capacity to understand complex operations and challenges, break them down into problems that can then be tackled and resolve them.
- Should have attention to detail and data driven approach to constantly improve operations and ensure consistency in delivering value to other parts of the business, day in, day out.
- Plan and oversee daily processing activities ensuring that all processing schedules are adhered to, and all targets are met / exceeded.
- Coordinate with the processing foremen to ensure all production processes are streamlined and that production flow is maximized.
- Monitor processing operations to ensure all safety, quality and environmental standards are met.
- Train and supervise processing staff.
- Maintain accurate records of all processing activities, including output quantities, resource inventory, conformance and non-conformance records and waste.
- Identify areas for improvement in the processing plant and develop & implement process improvement initiatives.
- Ensure that all equipment is properly maintained and serviced, and that all safety procedures are followed.
- Collaborate with other crucial departments such as Quality Assurance, to ensure that all production activities are aligned with company goals and objectives.
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a supervisory role in a food processing or manufacturing environment, preferably in fish processing.
- Must have a Bachelor’s or Diploma in a related field preferred.
- Strong knowledge in fish processing techniques is a plus.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Must be able to lift 30kg and stand for long periods of time.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.