Sociology jobs, Social work jobs, Development studies jobs, Social Sciences jobs,Monitoring and Evaluation jobs, Statistics jobs, Information management Sciences jobs,
MEAL Assistant – Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
Overall purpose of the role:
The position is to assist the MEAL Officer in ensuring the implementation of comprehensive MEAL systems to improve the quality and enhance DRC’s ability to demonstrate the impact of its work in urban refugee and host communities’ settings. The incumbent will work closely with the DRC urban program colleagues/sectors and in matrix management arrangement with the DRC Urban Area Manager to ensure the project expectations are met.
R1. Design and implementation of MEAL Plans:
- Participate in the design and implementation of the MEAL plan for urban program projects.
- Under the supervision of the MEAL officer, develop/adapt relevant tools and procedures to monitor and report results of project activities.
- Support review and update MEAL plans as necessary.
R2. Data and information management:
- Assist in design/adapt a data management plan for projects in line with the MEAL plan data requirements.
- Ensure data management procedures implemented adhere to the DRC data protection policy.
- Maintain a secure and up-to-date beneficiary database with appropriate Age/Gender/Diversity data.
- Ensure systematic data collection, clean up, storage and system maintenance.
- Perform periodic monitoring and verification exercises to ensure data quality.
- Conduct regular data analysis and provide information and statistics in agreed formats including dashboards for weekly, monthly and final reports required for internal and external progress updates.
- Offer technical support to protection and livelihoods staff in using relevant data management and reporting tools (training, coaching etc.)
R3. Accountability to affected populations:
- Support the implementation and monitoring of the urban programme’s Feedback and Complaints Response Mechanism (F-CRM) including gathering individuals’ feedback on DRC services
- Collaborate with the registrar of the F-CRM on follow-up and response to operational complaints regarding DRC interventions
- Monitor and report on the urban programme’s adherence to the CHS commitments in the response
R4. Report Writing & Documentation:
- Guide project staff in generating activity reports using standard formats.
- Generate and share weekly/bi-weekly updates on MEAL findings to inform learning and adjustment of activities as needed
- Assist in compiling and submitting weekly, monthly and final reports to the MEAL officer and Urban area manager.
- Document case studies & lessons learned for internal and external sharing through DRC social media channels, review meetings and reports
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience within the field of monitoring and evaluation and protection/livelihoods programming compression an added advantage
- Experience working in urban displacement responses and in multi-sectoral interventions
- Experience in working with information management systems / databases and mobile data collection platforms
- Demonstrated experience in conducting quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Excellent report writing and communication skills (English)
- Clear understanding of Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS) commitments and operation of community feedback and response mechanisms
- A Bachelor’s degree in sociology, social work, development studies, or other related Social Sciences and training in Monitoring and Evaluation; or Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics / Information management Sciences.